[Oberlist] DE* Appel à participation : Call for participants in Documenta 12 , Kassel , deadline May 24, Allemagne

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Vin Apr 27 03:12:12 CEST 2007

Appel à participation : Call for participants in Documenta 12, Kassel,
deadline May 24, Allemagne.
Call for answers:

http://documenta-dock.net
questions about art - explore, ask, inspire

All pupils and interested laypeople will find documenta-dock.net to be a
visitor-oriented website whose intention is to convey the theoretical
underpinnings and "cultural superstructure" of the coming documenta 12, or
of contemporary art in general. This website is being developed as part of
an interdisciplinary project at the School of Art and Design Kassel, with
the help of those involved in studies of art and media education, new
media and art history. When the documenta begins on June 16, 2007, the
documenta-dock will also go online. In order to give users an opportunity
to deal with "questions about art" beforehand, a teaser website will be
posted starting at the beginning of May at http://documenta-dock.net.

Art is often perceived as being burdensome or hermetic, and must therefore
expect to meet with a great deal of resistance. Our web forum is a
research experiment in which we intend to find out whether the internet,
with its specific possibilities and modalities, is capable of furthering
interest in contemporary art, especially among young people.

To this end, we will primarily work with brief video interviews expanded
by links to other issues and subject areas. The video interviews are not
chiefly intended to provide a comprehensive presentation but rather
statements, considerations, attitudes or even to putting forward new
questions. The people we interview come from all walks of life. They are
artists, athletes, musicians, pupils, curators, art historians,
journalists, art critics, gallery owners, museum people, students,
politicians, social workers ...

The goal of the project is to gather together an exciting pool of
statements which takes advantage of the possibilities the medium of the
internet offers by making use of links and key words. Hence it will be an
interactive forum, since users will be able to add their own contributions
- in the form of text or video. Many of the questions will be similar to
one another, yet we still hardly expect clear-cut answers. Instead, this
should create thematic horizons in which people can situate and give
contours to possible answers of their own and from which, above all, new
questions can arise.

As an addition to the interviews we would like to include artistic
contributions to one or more of the following questions:

What is 'bare' life?

What does art mean to you?

What can art achieve and where are its limits?

We would be grateful and delighted if you could participate in our project.

Please send your video (as DVD or miniDV) to:

School of Art and Design Kassel/
Kunsthochschule Kassel
Dirk Poerschmann
Menzelstr. 13-15
D-34121 Kassel
Germany

Deadline: May 24, 2007

Contact: info la documenta-dock.net

documenta-dock.net

School of Art and Design Kassel/
Kunsthochschule Kassel
Menzelstr. 13-15
D-34121 Kassel/ Germany

In cooperation with documenta 12

Prof. Joel Baumann [New Media]
Dirk Poerschmann M.A. [Art History]
Prof. Dr. Tanja Wetzel [Art and Media Education]

sursa: pourinfos
skype: us.vladimir