[Oberlist] TR* a-m-b-e _r’07 - call for interactive installations

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Dum Mai 6 01:42:53 CEST 2007

istanbul, turkey
perioada: 9-17 november 2007

a-m-b-e_r
a-m-b-e_r’07, body-process arts festival

call for interactive installations
http://www.a-m-b-e-r.net/

a-m-b-e_r is organizing an international art and new media festival in
Istanbul in November 2007, around the theme of “voice and survival”. The
platform will include stage performances, interactive installations,
workshops, and artist presentations and seminars.
The theme of a-m-b-e_r'07 is Voice and Survival in a world of
technologically mediated and globally distributed risk and comfort. New
technologies present themselves as new tools of survival. Survival in a
good life, however, also depends on the maintenance of a proper voice. The
voice is the medium to embody our plight, our plea for recognition and our
stance on things. As we now use more technology than ever to mediate our
voice, the latter undergoes a transformation.

We are interested in installations that explore the theme of “voice and
survival” in the here and now of the word. However do not shy away from
participating if you cannot readily link “the theme” to your work. We see
the theme as a tool to think and work with, and the festival as an
opportunity to raise an artistic voice. You alone will define that voice.

We also encourage outdoor installations all over Istanbul. You will soon
find more visual and textual information about the possibilities of the
city on our web site.

The selected works will be exhibited in a-m-b-e_r’07. The artists may also
be asked to present their works in the seminars.

As thing stand now, the festival organization will cover the installation
related expenses and artists’ accommodation only. We would appreciate if
you seek alternative ways of financing other expenses.

data limita: 30/06/07

Kontakt:
a-m-b-e_r
Ekmel Ertan