[Oberlist] RO* Workshop and re-opening of the INTERACTIVITY show in Sibiu!

Oberliht info la oberliht.org.md
Mie Iul 11 09:46:09 CEST 2007

skype: us.vladimir

Subject: [incepem] >>>>>Workshop and re-opening of the INTERACTIVITY show
in Sibiu!
From:    "kinbaku_art" <kinbaku_art la yahoo.de>
Date:    Tue, July 10, 2007 13:09
To:      incepem la yahoogroups.com

Tocmai m-am intors de la Sibiu, unde am reusit sa vad si eu Artlabs
http://www.artlabs.ro/artlabs/roman/engage.html - recomand din plin
acest loc cat si pe omul extraordinar care il curatoriaza pe moment.
A fost o surpriza totala sa gasesc aceast laborator instalat intr-o
fosta centrala termica de bloc, pe strada Genistilor. Hannes Nehls are
un background zdravan - MIT Europe in Dublin, ZKM thinktank si s-a
decis sa reamenajeze acest loc in plin cartier de blocuri(departe de
disneyland-ul sibiului central).
De la ipod hacking, pana la instalatii de sunet care preiau si
canalizeaza manipuland traficul greu de la o sosea din apropiere, pana
la leagane sonore si calculatoare primordiale Commodore care traduc
grafica 3d primitiva intr-un wireframe de sarma verde, rotit mecanic
prin tastatura is multe de declansat si activat acolo. Mai jos e
urmatoarea tema de "cercetare":

The subject will be somehow loose connected to our "research" agenda
this year which will be RESPONSIVE ENVIRONMENTS, as well as to our
upcoming exhibition REINVENTING THE WHEEL - alternative mobility and
artistic interventions in urban traffic. So we gonna look into
environmental parameters, that we could collect in urban space and
how to include those in our works. I'm talking about sounds, Images,
fine particle dust, co2 etc.

We are glad we will have Matt Karau from Distance Lab UK coming over
another time to cover the techy part. In addition to Matt we hope to
get another well appreciated artist/designer proficient in that
particular field. I for myself will give some introductory talks
about the subject and stick around for providing inspiration and
tutoring during production progress. The workshop will most likely
take place in the *.artlabs, Sibiu from August 6. - 12..The workshop
is intended to result in an actual artwork/product developed by each
attendee, which wil depending on quality be incorporated in the
exhibition this autumn. The workshop is free of charge. We look
forward to invite a exciting group of people, rooted in various
domains. As we briefly spoke about: we can provide very basic
sleeping accomodation, but unfortunately no additional costs.

So that was the very brief firts wrap up. As said It's not finalized
yet; I just try to evaluate what kind of attendees we could expect
during best holiday time for such an event. So in case you think of
some people who're keen on working like that, I would highly
appreciate if you would forward the news! Also: Due to some folks
asking for a re-opening of our REVIEWING THE MEDIUM - NO1 of  4 -
INTERACTIVITY show. We will do that: The exhibition will be re-opened
from July 19. - 21. ! Same thing: If you could spread the word
amongst the Bucurestians, I'd highly appreciate it!

Keep things up. All the very best,

Hannes

HANNES NEHLS : TEL +40.269.2325.29 | MOB +40.726.496.923 | SKYPE
hannesnehls

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist