[Oberlist] RO* LIFE - international autumn camp

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Mie Aug 29 00:29:27 CEST 2007

skype: us.vladimir

Subject: [Info_Culture] LIFE - international autumn camp
From:    "Laura Greere" <laura09ita la yahoo.fr>
Date:    Mon, August 20, 2007 01:15
To:      info_culture la yahoogroups.com

LIFE   >>>> 7th September – 7th October 2007 // international autumn camp

A project by Markus Shimizu and Iuliana Varodi
::: www.oiyakaha.org ::: www.morisena.org :::

Everyday, every moment, we are surrounded by friends and good things
in abundance. Life is a table full of everything we want and need.
Life is lush! LIFE aims at expressing the fortune we have being alive
and raising awareness about the opportunities and riches available
around us. LIFE offers the space to refine and come to one's senses
again, to be aware of the beauty around and within us.
m o r i s e n a  in collaboration with Oiyakaha, opens applications to
LIFE, our international autumn camp in Romania. We invite artists,
musicians, writers and those who are interested to explore the art of
living. As a collective, we will address issues of health, food,
sustainability and ecology while living as a community. During this
period we will reflect on basic aspects of life such as: What do we
need to be fulfilled, healthy and full of energy? How do these goals
relate to our direct environment? To explore these questions we can
meditate, practice yoga or talk about health related issues and body
care. We can take walks in the nearby forest and on the river valley
and discuss present ecological challenges and their possible
solutions. Furthermore, we would like to investigate how art can
assist in reaching self-sustainability / self-sufficiency, as an
art-center or an individual. As a practical exercise we will partake
in activities like farming and gardening or harvesting our own
vegetables and fruits. Moreover as part of the interaction with local
community, we think of interventions in the public space, land-art,
round-table discussions or approaching local NGO's and public
institutions for future collaborations. Besides this, an element of
our culinary activities could be recipes exchanges including joint
cooking sessions with the neighbors. As a dynamic group, we will have
the flexibility to decide things on the go and are open to good
suggestions.
m o r i s e n a  provides lodging during the project. The conditions
are quite basic, and together we'll make sure the place will be clean
and cosy. There will be home made wine, and some delicious home made
jams and more, all own production with fruits and veggies coming
mainly from our own (and the neighbours) biologic gardens.
Participants are invited to bring something specific from their own
country to be shared in the residency after-party.

We will manage the budget as a group and try to keep things simple,
low cost and transparent for all. To cover the daily expenses, thus
far we estimate the costs to be 5 euros / person a day which we each
have to cover ourselves.

For subsidies: www.eurocult.org, www.on-the-move.org, or
www.transartis.nl

For applications, please send a CV, a motivation letter and a
portfolio if possible to iulianavarodi la gmail.com and
markusshimizu la web.de

m o r i s e n a   offers a space for international collaborative art
projects, seminars on ecology, sustainability, contemporary art
related issues, summer camps and at times a dorm for
backpackers::::::::::::::

::::: www.morisena.org :::::: Sangeorgiu de Mures :::::: Str
Principala nr 940 ::::::: Romania :::::
:::::::::: + 40 265 319 771  :::::::::

Un ata?ament HTML a fost eliminat

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist