[Oberlist] UK* Futuresonic 2008 - dates announced

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Dum Sep 9 08:01:00 CEST 2007

skype: us.vladimir

Subject: SPECTRE Digest, Vol 55, Issue 4
From:    spectre-request la mikrolisten.de
Date:    Wed, September 5, 2007 09:40
To:      spectre la mikrolisten.de

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 21:16:30 +0100
From: Drew Hemment <drew la futuresonic.com>
Subject: [spectre] Futuresonic 2008 - dates announced

Futuresonic 2008
Urban Festival of Art, Music and Ideas

1-4 May 2008
Manchester UK

In 2008, the Futuresonic festival will once again be in May, with the
focus
weekend 1-4 May.

An annual festival of art, music and ideas, which is currently in its
12th year,
Futuresonic occupies the orbits of both music and digital culture.

A focus in recent years has been presenting artworks in unexpected
city spaces,
and on social art and social technologies.

Futuresonic now invites artists, thinkers and makers to get social
and present
new types of collaborative social experience at Futuresonic 2008.

This is a time when we see how electronic communication can isolate
us, as
more and more people drown in a deluge of email that generates
stress, even
reducing IQ; and it is 40 years since people took to the streets of
Paris
in 1968 calling for society to be abolished.

Join us as we go in search of the social today.

Web 2.0...
I take part
you take part
he takes part
we take part
you all take part
they profit.
(Slogan from Paris '68, remixed)

Full 2008 festival theme and call for projects announced Autumn 2007.

http://www.futuresonic.com

Futuresonic is supported by Arts Council England North West and
presented in association with Imagination la Lancaster.