[Oberlist] PL* Inside Out - Re-imagining cultural action in Europe

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Dum Sep 9 08:51:34 CEST 2007

Inside Out 2007
15th EFAH Conference and Annual General Assembly
http://www.insideout2007.com/

Inside Out - Re-imagining cultural action in Europe

For this, our 15th annual meeting and the first held in Poland, we want to
take our members and partners outside of their usual space of reflection
and interaction. Together, we want to broaden the context of our activism,
and consider what really motivates and mobilizes cultural actors today at
a European Level.

The tone of the conference will be experimental. We will build on the
success of the 2006 Helsinki conference to create a dynamic and
participatory event. Less focused on dissecting institutional concerns, we
will seek to reveal what may be clear axes of future political engagement
with the EU for the cultural sector today.

The location of our conference is vital. Poland is a key axis between a
new east and west. A new frontier of Europe. We will look further
eastwards beyond the Polish borders to countries outside the EU, some of
whom may be future members, but all of whom are in challenging situations
with regard to artistic production and cooperation with their EU
neighbours.

The conference will take place at the exciting independent multi-space
venue of Fabryka Trzciny, unique in Warsaw.

mai multe la: http://www.insideout2007.com/

usv
skype: us.vladimir