[Oberlist] FR* Mal au Pixel 2008 : call for projects

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Mar Sep 11 18:08:27 CEST 2007

skype: us.vladimir

Subject: Artinfo Digest, Vol 55, Issue 6
From:    artinfo-request la lists.c3.hu
Date:    Mon, September 10, 2007 13:00
To:      artinfo la lists.c3.hu

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 19:54:08 +0200
From: Adam Somlai-Fischer <adam la aether.hu>
Subject: [artinfo] [pixelache] Mal au Pixel 2008 : call for projects
	(until	november 1st)

Festival « Mal au Pixel » 2008, Paris.

International festival of electronic subcultures
May 17-25, 2008, Paris / Saint-Ouen
http://www.malaupixel.org

(english version)
---------------mal au pixel 2008 call for projects---------------

The Mal au Pixel festival further supports ongoing electronic art
practices and research in the field of new media and technology. The
festival presents experimental installations, audiovisual
performances, practical workshops and public debates.

The third edition of the festival will focus on the theme of public
space.
The notion of public space as been developed, in particular, by
philosopher Jürgen Habermas during the sixties, encompasses all
symbolic, physical and virtual dimensions of public space.

Our urban public space is increasingly taken over by technologies
designed for enhancing communication mobility, for the information of
citizens, for surveillance and control. At the same time as new
perspectives for usage open up, the philosophical, political and
cultural aspects of these new public spaces evolve and redefine the
relations to the other, the freedom of expression and of circulation.
And at the same time, the private sphere is increasingly under
scrutiny, under siege and even exposed.

For this next edition of Mal au Pixel, we would like to investigate,
for example, the question of online public space and virtual
communities, interactive installations in the urban space, mobile
infrastructures and new cartographies…

We are currently looking for both finalized projects as well as
concepts/prototypes and we encourage people from all disciplines to
participate and send us proposals. Artists, researchers, architects,
designers, activists, musicians, performers, engineers, VJs, etc.,
you are all welcome!

We will also support site-specific projects by granting artistic
residencies and providing other production resources.

Submissions:

-          the Mal au Pixel staff apologizes in advance for not being
able to send feed-back to all the applicants individually. Please
also note that submission material will, in principle, NOT be returned.

-          Submissions sent to previous Mal au Pixel calls are still
valid and can be updated as necessary.

-          Please fill in the submission form (http://
www.malaupixel.org)!

-          The deadline for sending in applications is November 1st,
2007.

-          Submission can be sent either by email to submissions2007(-
a-)pixelache.ac or by regular post:

Festival Mal au Pixel

Mains d’Oeuvres

1, rue Charles-Garnier

93400 Saint-Ouen

France

Check out the Mal au Pixel 2007 documentation !
www.malaupixel.org Video documentation of « Democracy ? Do it
yourself ! », Mal au Pixel 2007 edition and other videos to be added
soon!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8080319@N05/ Selection of photos

from Mal au Pixel festival 2007. Other tags : malaupixel / mal au
pixel / pixelache / pixelazo

End of Artinfo Digest, Vol 55, Issue 6

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist