[Oberlist] TH* ComPeung Artist in Residency programme 2008

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Lun Oct 22 01:25:09 CEST 2007

ComPeung Artist in Residency programme 2008

ComPeung is seeking applications for our 2008 Artist Residency Program in
Northern Thailand. Artists or arts workers who work in or with communities
are encouraged to apply.

Our residency program provides opportunities for local and international
artists to live and work together with our team and the local community.
ComPeung residencies are for a period of one to three months.

ComPeung is located in Doi Saket, Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand.
Despite just being 20 km northeast of the city of Chiang Mai, Doi Saket so
far has escaped the tourism trap. Due to its position Doi Saket is also
the gateway to Chiang Rai and the Golden Triangle. With diverse local and
ethnic communities traditional northern everyday culture is still very
much alive in Doi Saket.

Interested artists are encouraged to apply by providing ComPeung with a
preliminary proposal of her/his/their art work or project. As a
work-in-progress we understand that the proposed project might change in
the process.

For further information about ComPeung and for details about how to apply,
please go to: http://www.compeung.org

Closing date: There is no fixed deadline, but we appreciate to receive
applications at least 3 months prior to the proposed residency.

If you have any questions relating to the application or the residency
please contact us:

The ComPeung Team
Email: compeung la yahoo.com or compeung la gmail.com
Telephone: +66 (0) 87 694 8483
Postal Address: ComPeung, Village of Creativity
PO Box 27, Doi Saket, Chiang Mai 50220 Thailand

sursa:onthemove
skype: us.vladimir