[Oberlist] US* FW: call for international curators, LA

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Lun Noi 5 20:24:10 CET 2007

skype: us.vladimir

Subject: [curatorial.net] FW: call for international curators, LA
From:    "Joasia" <joasia la kurator.org>
Date:    Mon, November 5, 2007 11:52
To:      "Curatorial Network" <curatorial la curatorial.net>

We have been asked to forward this call to the List.

on 31/10/07 18:31, BECA gallery at becagallery la gmail.com
<mailto:becagallery la gmail.com>  wrote:

Dear Curatorial Network,

I'm writing to ask for your assistance in helping us to spread the word
about our search for curatorial input for 6 upcoming internationally focused
contemporary art exhibits. We have a new contemporary art gallery opening in
New Orleans, LA with a unique program for our region that we hope will
expand US awareness of the larger international emerging contemporary arts
community. Our gallery hopes to serve as a bridge for emerging contemporary
art between the United States and abroad with its first location opening
January 1, 2008 in New Orleans, LA. Our city is still recovering but we are
moving forward to help create a counterbalance to the tragedy of hurricane
Katrina and push forward with our arts and cultural renewal.

We would like to hear from curators with a background in international
contemporary arts to discuss possible future exhibits. We are interested in
a collaborative effort with the curator having final say over her/his juried
selections.

You may contact me via email or phone (504) 483-7065. We look forward to
hearing from all those interested.

Best regards,
Melissa Roberts, co-director
BECA gallery
New Orleans, LA

------ End of Forwarded Message

[curatorial.net] - mailing list of the Curatorial Network
curatorial la curatorial.net
http://www.curatorial.net/mailman/listinfo/curatorial

http://www.curatorial.net/pipermail/curatorial/

Curatorial Network website