[Oberlist] UK* Braziers International Artists Workshop

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Vin Ian 18 17:40:58 CET 2008

Subject: [artbox] Fwd: Braziers International Artists Workshop
From:    "Iara Boubnova" <iaraica la spnet.net>
Date:    Thu, January 17, 2008 21:45
To:      "Artbox BG" <artbox la groups.cult.bg>

Tazi informacia poluchih ot Tanya Abdajieva. Moga da pratia
application cover sheet po zhelanie, che e attached. IB
I got that information from tanya Abadjieva and I'm able to provide
the application cover sheet on demand. IB

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Iara Boubnova <iaraica la spnet.net>
> Date: January 16, 2008 11:45:05  GMT+02:00
> To: Artbox BG <artbox la groups.cult.bg>
> Subject: moga da pratia application cover sheet po zhelanie, che e
> attached
>
> Braziers international artists workshop
> 3 – 19 August 2008Application Guidelines 2008          Closing
> date: Monday 25 February 2008Please note applications received
> after this date will not be considered.  Please allow plenty of
> time if you are posting from overseas.
> About
> Established in 1995, Braziers International Artists Workshop (BIAW)
> is recognised as a unique and highly valued opportunity for artists
> wishing to examine their practice in critically engaged and global
> contexts.Though Braziers provides a highly successful artistic
> model for creative enquiry, the success of the workshop has
> sometimes lead to artists creating extensions of their existing
> practice and the focus has often moved away from artistic risk-
> taking. Braziers 2008 seeks to redress these imbalances by inviting
> artists to work collaboratively, to move away from their practice
> in terms of materials and style and to show a genuine willingness
> to place themselves and their practice into question; truly
> exploring areas of artistic and cultural uncertainty and seeking
> creative solutions through the collaboration, exchange and cultural/
> artistic dialogue that is the hallmark of the Workshop. Braziers
> 2008 will ask for a high level of commitment from its members and
> it is recommended that potential applicants think carefully about
> their own expectations and willingness to take risks before they
> apply for this workshop experience. The structure of the workshop
> will be determined by the selection panel’s choice of applicants.
>
> Location
> The workshop takes place at Braziers Park, a residential college in
> Oxfordshire on the edge of the Chiltern Hills. The 17th Century
> mansion house is set in 50 acres of park and farmland dotted with
> numerous outbuildings and barns. Meals, accommodation and work
> space are provided along with technical support and facilities at
> no cost to the artist. Artists are responsible for all other
> expenses, including the costs of travel and materials and are
> encouraged to seek financial help for their travel through national
> or regional funding organisations, charitable trusts, British
> Council etc. Artists are resident for the duration of the workshop
> and can choose to camp or stay in a shared room in the house. A
> series of artists, performers, writers and critics are invited to
> attend throughout the workshop to encourage critical debate and
> dialogue. Whilst the emphasis is placed firmly upon work in
> progress, the final Sunday (17th August) will be open to the public
> to visit the site and meet the artists.
>
> The Workshop receives funding from Arts Council England and a
> [...]

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist