[Oberlist] UK* Axis call for submissions

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Lun Ian 28 20:14:10 CET 2008

Subject: [curatorial.net] Axis call for submissions
From:    "Kara Chatten" <kara la axisweb.org>
Date:    Mon, January 28, 2008 19:11
To:      curatorial la curatorial.net
interested in contribution to our online journal - the next issue is all
about curators and we are looking for submissions. See below:

Axis is looking to commission new writing about contemporary art practice
for our
online journal found in the Dialogue section of the Axis website -
 <http://www.axisweb.org/dialogue> www.axisweb.org/dialogue. We are eager to
commission articles and interviews in
a range of digital media, including video and audio clips and podcasts. A
platform
for contrary opinions and broad discussion, the journal prompts and engages
in
topical debates and critically explores the practice of the artists
represented across
the Axis website.

To tie in with the recent launch of Axis's curator directory the next series
of articles
will focus on the role of the curator in contemporary art and current
curatorial
practice - both in the UK and internationally. We are keen to receive
proposals in
relation to this. Areas we are interested in exploring are

*	the development of curatorial approaches, especially by curators at
the
early stages of their careers
*	the relationship between the curator, organisations they represent
(such as
a gallery or museum) and the artist
*	reviews or interviews with curators whose current exhibitions and
projects
follow distinct curatorial strategies

To be considered for a commission all you need to do is send a proposal
outline (no
more than 500 words) and a CV to  <mailto:timandra la axisweb.org>
timandra la axisweb.org. The deadline for
proposals for April's issue is Monday 3 March 2008.
For full submission guidelines please go to  <http://www.axisweb.org/cfp>
http://www.axisweb.org/cfp

Axis  <http://www.axisweb.org/> www.axisweb.org is one of the UK's leading
online resources for information
about contemporary art. The website features profiles of professional
artists and
curators, interviews, discussions and art news, and showcases the artists to
look
out for.

Many thanks,
Kara

Kara Chatten | Communications Manager
kara la axisweb.org

Axis
Round Foundry Media Centre | Foundry Street | Leeds | LS11 5QP
Ph 0845 362 8230 | Fx 0845 362 8231
http://www.axisweb.org

Axis - the online resource for contemporary art

[curatorial.net] - mailing list of the Curatorial Network
curatorial la curatorial.net
http://www.curatorial.net/mailman/listinfo/curatorial

http://www.curatorial.net/pipermail/curatorial/

Curatorial Network website
http://www.curatorial.net
Un ata?ament HTML a fost eliminat

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist