[Oberlist] RS* Belgrade: nationalists break up Pristina artists' exhibition

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Vin Feb 8 19:13:15 CET 2008

rafuiala contra lucrarilor artistilor din Pristina inregistrata la Belgrad.

usv

Subject: SPECTRE Digest, Vol 60, Issue 9
From:    spectre-request la mikrolisten.de
Date:    Fri, February 8, 2008 13:00
To:      spectre la mikrolisten.de

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 11:37:12 +0100
From: richard de boer <risjaar la tiscali.nl>
Subject: [spectre] Belgrade: nationalists break up Pri?tina artists'
exhibition
To: spectre la mikrolisten.de

Nationalists break up Priština artists exhibition
8 February 2008 | 10:10 | Source: B92

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/society-article.php?
yyyy=2008&mm=02&dd=08&nav_id=47560
http://www.kontekstgalerija.org/html/main_en.htm

BELGRADE -- Members of Obraz broke up the opening of an exhibition of
works by Priština artists in Belgrade last night.

Some 300 members of the Obraz nationalist movement gathered outside
the Kontekst gallery in Kapetan Miša Street, where the exhibition
entitled “Retreat” was scheduled to open.

Some were carrying pictures of former JSO commander Milorad Ulemek,
convicted of the murder of the late prime minister, Zoran Đinđić.

A large contingent of riot police soon arrived at the scene. Gallery
Custodian Vida Knežević told B92 that they were now considering
other ways of opening the exhibition.

“Sadly, the opening was interrupted following the arrival of,
presumably, members of Obraz. The police suggested that we call
things off after all, to avoid any further trouble, We’re now
thinking of how else we could open the exhibition. I hope we’ll be
able to do so, at least by invitation, so that people can see the
exhibition,” explained Knežević.

The exhibition was organized by the Youth Initiative for Human
Rights. The exhibition had been held in Novi Sad, prior to coming to
Belgrade.