[Oberlist] AE* ArtBastakiya Routes 2008

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Mar Feb 12 15:06:57 CET 2008

Subject: [openremont] ArtBastakiya Routes 2008
From:    "remont_asocijacija" <remont_asocijacija la yahoo.com>
Date:    Tue, February 12, 2008 15:08
To:      openremont la yahoogroups.com

What?
ArtBastakiya Routes 2008
4 Events (3 day each)
Experience 6 Senses: See, Hear, Touch, Taste, Smell, Think

Who?
Commissioner: Zaman Branding Consultancy, Dubai Holding and Tatweer
Curator: Maja Ciric
Artists: 75% regional and  25% international

Where?
The AlBastakiya Cultural Quarter is Dubai's historic heart.
AlBastakiya's roots lie in Arab cultural heritage, but its newfound
routes make it alive to the future interaction with the global art
community through arts, society and technology.

Why?
AlBastakiya is a living link to the city's past. The cultural quarter
provides an authentic location for the emergence of contemporary
artistic and design cultures, and a solid basis for the nurturing of
a dynamic fusion between Emerati and international talent that can be
be recongnized.

How?
We will be happy to receive your proposals. We are looking for
inspiring artists and projects, both established and emerging, that
will create a unique experience and vibrantly intervene in the
existing sensory perception of the old quarter of AlBastakiya. We are
expecting you to focus your concept on one or a combination of two or
more of the following senses: See, Hear, Taste, Touch, Smell, Think.

We will be looking for already produced works, but also for new site-
specific proposals. Our priority is focused on the integration of
traditional elements with new media.  However, our selection criteria
are not preset but based on your potential to intervene and create
new sensory experiences. This means that strong artistic ideas in all
media are welcomed.

Deadline?
02/18/2008

Where to submit?
maja la zaman.ae
0505072770

If you have any further questions please contact
maja la zaman.ae
0505072770
Un ata?ament HTML a fost eliminat

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist