[Oberlist] AT* SELFEDUCATION Lecture by Jakob Jakobsen

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Vin Apr 4 03:16:15 CEST 2008

Subject: turm4 Digest, Vol 31, Issue 3
From:    turm4-request la tema.lo-res.org
Date:    Thu, April 3, 2008 13:00
To:      turm4 la tema.lo-res.org
Message: 1
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:54:39 +0200
From: EvaE <eva la medien.akbild.ac.at>
Subject: [turm4] SELFEDUCATION Lecture by Jakob Jakobsen, 9 March, IKL

SELFEDUCATION AND SELFINSTITUTION

Guest Lecture by Jakob Jakobsen |
Artist | Copenhagen

WHERE:  Institut f?r das k?nstlerische Lehramt/ Institute for
Education in the Arts | Karl-Schweighofergasse 3, 1070 Wien, 3. Stock |
H?rsaal

WHEN:  9, April 2008, Wednesday at 19.00

?I would like to tell about my concrete experiences with selforganising and
selfinstitutionalisation within art, education and activism - and discuss
the changing meaning of the terms that has devoloped since the optismism of
the anticapitalist movement in the 1990s. I invite to a discussion of which
questions it raises to work with self-organisation and selv-institution
today in the shadow of the war on terror and neoliberal normalisation.?

Jakob Jakobsen is a visual artist, organiser and activist based in
Copenhagen.  Co-founder of the Copenhagen Free University (2001-2007), tv-tv
(2004- ), Young Artworkers (UKK) (2002- ) and Info Centre (1998-1999).
copenhagenfreeuniversity.dk
infopool.org.uk.

Lecture held in English. Discussion in English and German. Open to public.

Organised by the Department for Post-conceptual art practices and
the Faculty for Art Education at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.