[Oberlist] RS/BG/TR* Ecotopia Biketour 2008

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Mar Apr 29 01:11:52 CEST 2008

Subject: Ecotopia Biketour 2008
From:    "Zugravu Gh." <zugravu_gheorghe la list.ru>
Date:    Mon, April 28, 2008 16:47
Cc:      ober la emdash.org

Roll up! Roll up! It’s the great Ecotopia Biketour 2008 extravaganza!

Where? Serbia, Bulgaria, and Turkey (Belgrade to Sinop on the Black Sea
coast).

When? 21st June - 14th August 2008

What? The Ecotopia Biketour is a mobile community that appears for several
weeks each year in a different part of Europe and provides an
environmentally acceptable way to reach the Ecotopia gathering
(http://eyfa.org/ecotopia, http://www.ecotopiagathering.org/) or simply to
cycle in interesting places. Along the way we meet local groups working on
ecological or social issues and support their activities.

Why? Learning new things, keeping fit, seeing new places, promoting
cycling, meeting new people, supporting local environmental groups...

Who? If you’re interested in environmental issues, willing to take an
active part in the group, and you have a bicycle, then Ecotopia Biketour
might be just the thing for you. Biketour is suitable for people of most
cycling abilities, and accommodation is usually in tents. Participants are
responsible for tasks such as preparing meals, washing up and since we
don’t have a support vehicle, we also carry our own equipment in bike
trailers. Participants pay a small participation fee graded according to
country of residence and are expected to take part in decision-making
during the tour.

For more information:

Join the biketour mailing list at: