[Oberlist] TR* Transit Festival workshops - registration open

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Sâm Mai 3 05:10:45 CEST 2008

Transit Festival workshops - registration open, Istanbul & Uchisar,
Turkey, Jul 14-26 (deadline: 3 Jun)

The aim of this festival is to gather artists and audiences from different
backgrounds in and around the practice of improvisation and performance
art, through dance, music and visual arts, investing specific environments
and locations as inspiring work spaces.

Our 3rd edition will take place between the 14th and 26th of july 2008,
adding this year an itinerant dimension to the proposal by sharing its
time between two very different and typical sites of Turkey.

We will start in Istanbul by welcoming again the famous duet of improvised
music and dance: Barre Phillips and Julyen Hamilton. They will lead an
instant composition workshop for an international group of 35 dancers and
musicians, propose a panel to share their vision and experience and
perform their duet “Mention Obligatoire”. Their renewed presence, with
their unique and refined approach which they distill with a rare
complicity, will constitute a thread with last year’s edition, allowing a
deepening for some and a discovery for others.

We will then make a leap further east in Anatolia to persue in Uchisar,
small village of Cappadoccia, where we will inaugurate the brand-new
municipal cultural centre and its welcoming theatre. Using the natural and
cultural environments as key elements of the artistic proposition, a
residency workshop will be proposed by Yanaël Plumet, inviting the
participating artists to immerse the work in the heart of the village. A
series of performances specially created for this place and event will be
proposed to the local audience.

Registration for workshops is open until 3rd June

More information: Transit Festival
http://www.transit-istanbul.org/2007/spip.php?article2

sursa:onthemove