[Oberlist] BA* Youth culture as a sustainable path to democratic society

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Sâm Mai 10 03:11:42 CEST 2008

Youth culture as a sustainable path to democratic society

CDN - Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (www.cdnee.org)
is announcing a call for members of the international preparatory group
(prep team) of the summer camp "Youth culture as a sustainable path to
democratic society". This project will take place from 20th to 27st of
July 2008 in Bosnia and Herzegovina. This event has been so far
financially supported by Council of Europe, European Youth Foundation and
the Green Forum, Sweden.

Profile of the participants

This call is open for applicants coming from any of the Council of Europe
member states (listed bellow) and Belarus.  The participants should be
interested in the topics of this event, willing to take active part in the
planned activities and open for new experiences and people. The advantage
(but not the condition) is to have green organisation background and the
experience with the topics of the event. Considering that this is a youth
event the participants will not be younger then 17 and older then 32.

We would like to keep participation open for people of different education
levels and with different backgrounds. Important is the diversity of
experience and knowledge. The allocation of participants will be based on
gender and geographical balance. We will use the application files
standard procedure.

DEADLINE for submitting the application to summercamp la cdnee.org is 1st of
June 2008 at 12AM CET.

General conditions

If accepted as participant to this event, you should arrange your travel
in most environmental friendly and economic way. You are expected to
arrive before 20th of July and depart only after 2 am on 27th of July.

The organisers will partly reimburse your travel expenses. At the moment
we are not able to confirm the exact amount but we are aiming to be able
to support up to 70% of your travel costs, upon presentation of all the
original receipts. Accommodation, meals, educational materials and
refreshments will be provided by organisers for the entire duration of the
activity, free-of-charge.  The participation fee for the event will be set
at later stage aiming at around 30 euro per participant.

Project information

Where and when the meeting be held

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

20. July - 27. July 2008

The main themes of this event are youth culture and artistic, creative
activism as a tool for young people to take active participation in
politics and social changes towards more open, democratic and diverse
society.

We want to:

Support active participation of young people in Bosnia and Herzegovina and
other non-EU countries (SEE and Former Soviet Union countries) by creating
more space for alternative and informal participation of young people.

Explore and discuss the youth culture, its elements and cultural impact
that it has to the positive changes of the society towards social
inclusion and equal opportunities.

Support changes of the society in which young people are truly able to
express their political thoughts and ideas.

Learn about public art and street activism role in development of youth
culture and sustainable and democratic society.

Objectives:

By locating social obstacles and prejudices of youth life-style based on
intergenerational and intercultural misunderstandings we wish to improve
mutual understanding and lower prejudices between mentioned groups and to
support the vision of citizenship built and guaranteed on equal rights for
all individuals regardless of gender, race, age, religion, class, ethnic
or national origin, sexual orientation, disability, wealth or health.

In the course of the seminar, we would like to promote the activism of
youth organizations and youth non formal groups in post-communist
countries, and in general, enhance the active citizenship of the youth of
that specific region by offering them tools to take active part in
democratic processes

By using creative/artistic ways we want to encourage direct action against
different forms of discrimination (sexism, racism, xenophobia,
anti-Semitism, homophobia), against authoritarianism and against
hierarchical order in society.

The seminar program will consist of workshops, educational games,
discussion groups, role play, open space technology workshop and lectures.
Additionally we will form working groups that will during the seminar
focus on expressing their view on role of the youth culture through
different art mediums (word poetry, original music, dance, theater and
visual arts). This will also support future activities by participants and
organisation to continue the work we have started.

Working groups will be formed in order to come up with recourses for
future projects, fresh ideas and views.

We want to make working atmosphere closer to young people from eastern
countries same time keeping the short distance with general methods that
western participants are used to.

We will also use these practices to organize manifestation in the public
in order to support and promote youth culture and youth activism. We will
invite local youth initiatives to join.

Methodology:

We will use multipart composed of lectures, presentations, workshops, role
plays, games, discussion groups, panel debates, working groups, taking
part in local activities (actions). We want to make working atmosphere
closer to young people from eastern countries same time keeping the short
distance with general methods that western participants are used to.

Working groups will be formed in order to come up with recourses for
future projects, fresh ideas and views. We will also focus on personal
experiences and interactive learning that will ensure equal opportunities
for all to contribute.

To ensure practical follow-up we will create report and social committee
so participants are able to be part of preparing and reporting different
parts the seminar.

Download Application Form (.doc, 104Kb)
http://www.civic.md/Files/CDNSCBosnia2008Application.doc

sursa:civic