[Oberlist] RO* CfP: The Anthropology of SouthEastern Europe, Craiova, 26-29.11.2008

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Dum Mai 11 19:47:40 CEST 2008

Subject: [balkans] CfP: The Anthropology of SouthEastern Europe, Craiova,
26-29.11.2008
From:    "Fifor Mihai" <mihai_fifor la yahoo.com>
Date:    Fri, May 9, 2008 12:53
To:      balkans la yahoogroups.com

Dear Colleagues,
It is our great pleasure to let you know that, from 26 to 29 of  November
2008, it will take place in Craiova the Third International Conference in
Ethnology and Anthropology „AnthropoEast: The Europenisation of Balkans –
The Balkanisation of Europe”.

Organised by the The Museum of  Oltenia – The Department of Ethnography,
The University of Craiova and the Centre for Studies in Folklife and
Traditional Culture of the County of Dolj with the support of the County
of Dolj Council, our conference’s aim is to create a debate framework for
academics both from Romania and from abroad, who are concerned with the
(re)defining of the epistemological limits of the research field each of
them  cover.

Several themes should be taken into consideration:

I.                     (Multi)Cultural Europe. Rhetorics and Practice of
Diversity
 Migrations and the Construction of Ethnic Groups in the New Europe

Rituals, Narratives, Discourses and Material Culture

Negotiating  Identity in the New Europe

Interpreting Religious Diversity: Conversion, Syncretism and Religious
Practice

II. A New Europe – A New Anthropology ?!

                               „My Home, Your Country, Our Museum”.
Migration Flow and Museums

                               Poetics and Politics in the New Anthropology

Without having any intention to cover the entire problems of the
anthropological research in the South-Eastern Europe, the conference  we
organise is intended to be only a simple X-raying of the discipline as it
looks like at the beginning of the Century.
Papers will be given in English and they are not to exceed 20 minutes of
time.

In order to improve communication we are going to edit and publish the
volume of the conference,Symposia. Studies in Ethnology and Anthropology,
issue no. 1/2008 in advance, so that each participant should have it in
its conference portfolio. That is why the papers to be presented during
the conference, the in extenso copy, should be submitted to our editorial
board by September 15, 2008.

The submitters should send the papers to the publisher at the following
address:
- Mihai Fifor, general manager
- Lavinia Coaje, project coordinator
The Museum of Oltenia
8 Popa Sapca Street, 200422 Craiova - Romania
Tel: 0040 251 411906
Fax: 0040 251 419435
E-mail: muzeulolteniei la yahoo.com

The papers should be original and should not be under consideration
elsewhere.

Articles should not exceed 15 pages. On a different sheet of paper you are
to write the author's name and academic affiliation and also the title of
the paper.
All contributions should be clearly typed or printed on one side of an A4
paper or American Quarto, one and a half spaced and with wide margins
throughout (including footnotes and bibliographical references).
Footnotes  should be kept at a minimum. Essential notes should be
presented in a typed list at the end of the article, one and a half
spaced.
Bibliographical references should be given in parentheses in a standard
author-date form in the body of the text: (Thomas 1991: 123)
A complete list of references cited, arranged alphabetically by author's
surname, should be typed at the end of the article:
Thomas, K. 1991. Religion and the Decline of Magic. London: Penguin Books.
Declich, F. 2000. 'Sufi experience in rural Somali. A focus on women',
Social Anthropology 8, 3 : 295-318.
Lash, S. and Friedman, J. (eds.) 1996. Modernity and Identity. Oxford:
Blackwell.
Quotations. Single inverted commas should be used except for quotations
within quotations, which should have double inverted commas. Quotations of
more than 60 words should be set off from the text with an extra line of
spacing above and below, and typed without inverted commas.
Spelling. British English (not American English) spelling should be used
in English articles except in quoted matter which should follow the
original. Use -ise not -ize word endings.
Participation expenses. All the expenses, excepting the travel costs from
your country to Bucharest and from Bucharest back home, will be covered by
the organisers.

Therefore, we would kindly invite you to take part in our conference, your
presence being a real guaranty for our reunion success.
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Truly yours,

prof.dr. Mihai Fifor
researcher
Manager of the The Museum of Oltenia

THE PROGRAM OF THE CONFERENCE

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
17.00         Arrival
19.30         Dinner

Thursday, November 27, 2008
08.00        Breakfast
09.30        Official opening of the
                 conference
10.30        Coffee break
11.00        Plenum
14.00        Lunch
16.00        Workshops
17.30        Coffee break
17.45        Workshops
20.00        Dinner
21.00        Ethnologic Film Show

Friday, November 28, 2008
08.00        Breakfast
09.00        Workshops
10.30        Coffee break
11.00        Workshops
12.30        City Tour
14.30        Lunch
16.00        Workshops
17.30        Coffee break
18.00        Workshop reports
20.00           Farewell Party

Saturday, November 29, 2008
08.00        Breakfast
09.00        Workshops final reports in plenum
10.00        Coffee break
11.00        Conference final conclusions
12.00        Departure.

prof.dr. Mihai Fifor
general manager of The Regional Museum of Oltenia

8 Popa Sapca Street, 200422 Craiova, Romania
tel: +40 251 411906
fax: +40 251 419435
e-mail: mihai_fifor la yahoo.com

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist