[Oberlist] DE* call: Glogauer, Artist in Residence Programme

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Dum Iun 22 01:53:10 CEST 2008

Berlin, Germany

Glogauer
Artist in Residence Programme

call for applications
http://www.glogauer.net/

Artists from all artistic disciplines (installation, video art, net.art,
sculpture, creative writing, architecture, electronic music, painting,
drawing, performance, photography, etc.) are invited to send us a proposal
with the following documents:
1. Artistic resume with contact details (e-mail and telephone number).

2. A portfolio with work samples. This must include a maximum of 10
representative photos in paper format or a CD with photos in digital
format; a DVD or music CD with 10 minutes maximum duration; or written
documents up to 10 pages in length. (We accept the following formats:
jpg., dvd., avi. and quicktime. We can accept neither dia slides nor
original works.)

3. A project description (maximum 1000 words) explaining what the artist
wants to realize during the residence. Including a forecast of the
supposed expenses and how is he/she going to cover them.

4. If the artist comes from non-European country, he/she will have to go
through the process of obtaining a German Visa valid throughout the time
of residence. We offer our collaboration by writing a letter of admission.

5. The artist must take responsibility to pay individually for the costs
of the studio [ Prices ] and insurance, transport and travel expenses.
Normally the artist will look for a grant in his/her country to finance
all the costs, although GlogauAir will do everything possible to
facilitate the search for financial Aid, i.e. sending a letter of
invitation that endorses the decision of the artist. On the other hand,
GlogauAir is constantly looking for sponsor entities to bring granted
artists and pay for activities of the residents.

6. The artists will have to present the finished documentation within the
period established by GlogauAir; these dates will be announced on the web
page or in the Res Artis (www.resartis.org) newsletter. A jury formed of
professionals from the Berlin art community will choose the admitted
artists and the decision will be communicated by e-mail only to the
selected artists. The presented material will not be returned, for which
we ask them not to send materials of high economic cost.

Deadlines:
25 June 2008 . Deadline for the residence beginning in October
25 August 2008 . Deadline for the residence beginning in January

data limita: 25/06/08, 25/08/08

Kontakt:
Glogauer
Glogauerstr.16