[Oberlist] NL* OPEN CALL: Europa Neurotisch

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Mar Oct 28 05:51:23 CET 2008

Subject: Artinfo Digest, Vol 68, Issue 23
From:    artinfo-request la lists.c3.hu
Date:    Sat, October 25, 2008 11:59
To:      artinfo la lists.c3.hu

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:53:00 +0200
From: Gerben Kruk <gpak99 la xs4all.nl>
Subject: [artinfo] OPEN CALL: Europa Neurotisch

Deadline for application is 10 november 2008
Open to all media.
Exhibition dates: 22 november till 5 december 2008, Amsterdam,
Netherlands.

OPEN CALL:
Europa Neurotisch

Giving one answer to “What is Europe?” is complicated; at first it’s a
continent but also a political and economical union of the more
prosperous countries residing in the continent.
Today one could argue that Europe as a word would direct more to the
European Union than to the continent itself, and therefore would place
itself more into the context of one economic and political unit.
But although this process takes place in the light of democracy, does
it reflect it’s inhabitants unity? Is there a unity at all?
Within this show we would like to address these questions in an almost
informal way, the show could be seen as sort of a roadmovie; sights,
sounds, ideas make up a fabric that as a whole could be described as
Europe.

The show is not intended as a demystifying collection of answers
regarding the sole identity of Europe, but more as an eclectic look at
the whole concept of Europe.
Therefore the type of works we are looking can deal with micro or
macro Europe; they can be political, personal, social, as long as the
work has a tie to europe we are interested.
A catalogue will be made of all the works presented in the show wich
afterwards will be mailed to all participants in the show.

This show will be the starting point of a series of shows dealing in
some way with Europe, a second show is planned in the second half of
2009.

This call is open to individual artists, as well as collectives and
artist run spaces.
There is no restriction to size or material, however we have no
funding for transportation.

More info about Petersburg Project Space:
http://petersburgprojectspace.org/

Deadline for application is 10 november 2008.

Send your materials to:

Petersburg Project Space
Frans de Wollantstraat 84
1018 SC Amsterdam
Netherlands

Or if digital you can send it to:

info la petersburgprojectspace.org

End of Artinfo Digest, Vol 68, Issue 23

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist