[Oberlist] SI* call: Festival plakata Ljubljana ’09 / Poster Festival ’09

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Joi Ian 15 02:05:49 CET 2009

Ljubljana, Slovenija

Fundacija Brumen / Poster Festival
Festival plakata Ljubljana ’09 / Poster Festival ’09

The international competition for young designers
http://www.posterfestival-ljubljana.si/competition

Slovensko (english below):
V okviru programa Fundacije Brumen bo med 11. in 16. majem 2009 potekal
mednarodni festival pod imenom Festival plakata Ljubljana ’09 – na temo
klimatskih sprememb. Na festivalu se bodo zvrstili naslednji dogodki:
TEKMOVANJE plakatov na temo klimatskih sprememb, ŠTUDENTSKA DELAVNICA
oblikovanja plakatov na temo klimatskih sprememb, MOJSTROVINE - razstava
plakatov s socialno družbeno vsebino svetovno priznanih oblikovalcev
plakata.

V okviru festivala vabimo mlade oblikovalce, stare do 35 let, da se
udeležijo tekmovanja plakatov na temo festivala.

Na tekmovanje se lahko prijavijo tisti, ki so rojeni po 17. maju 1974, kar
morajo dokazati s fotokopijo osebnega dokumenta.

English:

The international competition for young designers on the topic “Climate
Change” has the goal of raising and spreading awareness, through the
medium of posters, of the environmental situation in which we find
ourselves. The future depends on our common awareness and responsibility
regarding what we can put right and how we must start to function in our
relation to nature for a more promising future. It is vitally important to
involve in this process young creative people who have a fresh and unique
way of looking at these problems regarding our living environment.

The competition is open to anyone born after 17 May 1974, which can be
proved with a photocopy of an identification document.

For works that have already been published, the minimum size is 420 x 600
mm, and the maximum size 700 x 1000 mm.

Original works must be 590 x 840 mm in size.

There are no restrictions regarding the number of works entered per designer.

Works may already be published or made especially for this festival.
Posters must arrive undamaged with completed stickers in the upper right
corner on the back.

Posters may not be backed or framed.
There is no entry fee.
Works will not be returned.

Poster must be in the ratio 1 : 1, and must be set to net format of the
product.

Exhibited posters will be selected by a preliminary jury appointed by the
event committee. The entrans will be notified of acceptance on the
exhibition via the website www.ljubljana-posterfestival.si. The winners
will be awarded by the international jury.

The International Jury
• Mr. Dimitris Arvanitis, Greece
• Ms. Anette Lenz, France
• Mr. Piotr Młodozeniec, Poland
• Mr. Bruno Monguzzi, Switzerland
• Mr. Leonardo Sonnoli, Italy

The jury will adhere to criteria based on: creativity, originality,
aesthetics, communicability and excellence of execution.

Awards
• 1st prize (1.000 eur)
• 2nd prize (700 eur)
• 3rd prize (350 eur)
• 3 distinctive merit awards
• 4 merit awards
• Prize of the City of Ljubljana

Copyrights
− All posters become part of the collection of visual communication
of the Brumen Foundation; they will be displayed on the website of the
festival, where they will be available to governmental and
non-governmental institutions in Europe for a formal compensation
(transmission costs).
− Information in the application form will be used in the catalogue.
− The organizer can use the posters for pedagogical, promotion and
publishing purposes without special consent of the author.
− The organizer may reproduce and distribute the posters in the
catalogue and in other printed media, on the internet and in any other
electronic form.
− Your signature on the application form means that you fully agree
with the terms of cooperation in the workshop.

data limita: 27/02/09 - before 16.00 h - arriving date

Kontakt:
Fundacija Brumen / Poster Festival
Dolenjska 83
SI-1000 Ljubljana