[Oberlist] GE* call/the: TBILISI INTERNATIONAL - International Festival of Theatre and stage arts

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Mie Mar 18 12:43:06 CET 2009

TBILISI INTERNATIONAL

Teatraluri xelovnebis saerTaSoriso festivali

To do is to be

TBILISI INTERNATIONAL  is an International Festival of Theatre and stage
arts to be held for about a month, between October 1 and November 1,  2009
in the  capital of
Georgia, Tbilisi.

•	Charm of one of the oldest cities in the  world -  Tbilisi  - its style
and diversity   is something, that could create unforgettable memory for
all participants

•	The hospitality, welcome from audience,  its confidence and energy
could become unique experience for all artists

•	Theater as live art unifies people and has no boundaries and unifies
people in endeavor to live better life on the earth

Background

With very high cultural achievements  in Theater, Music, Cinema and Arts,
Tbilisi traditionally was cultural meeting point and eventful city during
the Soviet Times,  it was one of the  leading capitals of Culture in union
of Soviet counties  with strong resistance against  regime and with
constant  innovative spirit in all directions.

With the Festival TBILISI INTERNATIONAL, we will try  to become one
interesting  and challenging member of  Festival’s  big Family in world,
connect artists with each other,  became good partner for all theaters,
performing arts groups and theater professionals.
We think, that the Festival can give birth to new cooperative projects,
new ideas , conversations, stories and even tendencies !

With TBILISI INTERNATIONAL  we will endeavor to be understood as a
celebration of Tbilisi -  as one of the most attractive, diverse ,
beautiful and  theatrical cities in the world !

We think to inspire and attract  !

Above everything, with the Festival atmosphere we suggest that everything
human relations is most important creative tool  in all times and
everything.

PROGRAM

With  modern, popular and intelligent programming  we  show  that
creative possibilities of mankind  has no boundaries.

“TBILISI/INTERNATIONAL ” will host:

•	INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM  (1 October – 1 November)
•	WORLD THEATRE  (1- 10 October)
•	GEORGIAN CASE   (26-28 October)

Also, special events and programs for artists, public and guests  will add
passion to FESTIVAL.

Producer : TBILISI INTERNATIONAL

Organizers:
•	Municipality of Tbilisi, Ministry of Culture of Tbilisi, Marjanishvili
State Drama Theatre

Management:
•	Marjanishvili State Drama Theatre

Venues:
•	Opera House
•	Rustaveli State Drama Theatre
•	Marjanishvili State Drama Theatre
•	Royal District Theatre
•	Tumanishvili Film Actor’s Studio
•	Open Air Sites

Festival Center:
OLD TBILISI- CARAVANSERAI

Participation in Festival

Selection is made by invitation directly from Festival organizers and also
based on proposals from different theater, theater groups and individuals
(Section ‘NEW DISCOVERIES”)

A SELECTION WILL BE MADE ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
•	the receipt of the information package (DVD and/or CD, technical rider
and conditions)
The selection is made by an advisors committee of the Festival

Financial and organizational conditions:
The participants in “NEW DISCOVERIES” are provided with FOLLIWING:

•	Accommodation
•	In-country transportation
•	Tourist package
•	Special receptions

Those, who are invited by organizers, are provided by:

•	Accommodation
•	Transportation
•	Special Receptions

Organizers will negotiate best possibilities of participation with all
participants individually.

Dear Friends,

This is a first and very brief information about the Festival. The Program
of the Festival will be ready by the end of MAY , including the program of
Georgian Case. We are in formation period and just in the period of
creation of program. We even do not have our web-site so far.
BUT we are !

With this letter we  invite you to  join TBILISI INTERNATIONAL  with your
performances or yourself .  We are open to any suggestion, idea, project.
!

Please, contact us to:

TBILISI INTERNATIONAL
Marjanishvili 8