[Oberlist] US* grant: International House - Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities

Wed Jun 3 02:51:45 CEST 2009

New York, USA

International House
Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities

call for applicants
http://www.ihouse-nyc.org/s/707/index.aspx?sid=707

Scholarship Opportunities
Outreach Grants
Grants ranging from $500 to $3,000 will be awarded to qualified applicants
applying to join the I. House community for the first time. Awards are
based on demonstrated financial need and the applicants' interest in
contributing to the I. House community through participation in its
programs. Priority is given to applicants from countries, fields of study
or backgrounds that are under-represented in the I. House community.

The Performing Artists in Residence Program
Four musicians, actors or dancers applying to live at International House
for the first time who are pursuing graduate studies in New York City will
receive a scholarship of $5,000 for the academic year. Recipients will be
required to make a significant programmatic contribution during both
semesters of resident membership at International House.

McLaine East and Central European Leadership Program
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 will be awarded to applicants from
East and Central Europe and the Newly Independent States. Awards are based
on demonstrated financial need and a willingness to contribute to I. House
programming about the region. The McLaine Program is designed to encourage
interaction among residents from East and Central Europe and the Newly
Independent States and offer programming about the region to the entire I.
House community.

Fellowship Opportunities

There are a number of merit-based Fellowships available to resident
members each academic year. Fellows assist with planning, developing and
implementing activities designed to create interaction and provide support
for resident members across diverse cultures and thereby carry out the
Mission of International House. Program & Resident Fellows are actively
involved with the following activities, events and support services which
are by no means all-inclusive.

data limita: 12/06/09

Kontakt:
International House