[Oberlist] AU* cfp: BLOOD

Sun Jul 19 00:25:47 CEST 2009

Subject: CULTSTUD-L Digest, Vol 66, Issue 11
From:    cultstud-l-request la lists.comm.umn.edu
Date:    Wed, July 15, 2009 20:00
To:      cultstud-l la lists.comm.umn.edu

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 00:23:45 +1000
From: Meredith Jones <Meredith.Jones la uts.edu.au>
Subject: [cultstud-l] call for papers -- BLOOD

:: http://trunkbook.com/trunk/ ::

Trunk Volume Two: Blood

Call for Papers: Artworks, Photography, Fiction, Interviews, Poetry,
Essays, Photo-essays, Recipes etc

Blood is a fluid, living tissue—a complex mix of platelets and plasma. Far
more than a physical and chemical solution of red and white cells,
haemoglobin and protein, blood is the most ubiquitous and profound symbol
for the deepest of human concerns: life, death, love and sex.

We seek writing and visual materials that explore the fascinating
cultural, medical, geographical, historical, religious and social aspects
of this abundant bodily fluid. We seek accessible, curious, entertaining
and stimulating work.

Submissions are due October 30, 2009

Download the submission guidelines and read a comprehensive list of
suggested topics at
:: http://trunkbook.com/trunk/next-volume/ ::

Dr Meredith Jones

"Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and
entertainment doesn't know the first thing about either."
Marshall McLuhan

Graduate Courses in Interactive Multimedia
University of Technology, Sydney
http://mim.iml.uts.edu.au/
Phone 61 2 9514 2196
Mobile 0438 869 364
Fax 61 2 9514 1666
PO Box 123
Broadway NSW 2007
AUSTRALIA

Think. Green. Do.

End of CULTSTUD-L Digest, Vol 66, Issue 11