[Oberlist] IL* call/fest/lit: Call for fanzines - Social Art Festival

Fri Aug 14 22:54:32 CEST 2009

Subject: turm4 Digest, Vol 47, Issue 5
From:    turm4-request la lo-res.org
Date:    Thu, August 13, 2009 13:00
To:      turm4 la lo-res.org

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:07:00 +0200
From: vio ? a(`-')zz <violette.taipei la gmail.com>
Subject: [turm4] Fwd: Call for fanzines - Social Art Festival Israel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rosa Danner
Date: 2009/8/4

----- Original Message -----

 Call for fanzines - Social Art Festival Israel

Subject:Call for fanzines - Social Art Festival Israel

Hi all !

My name is Shira and I?m a member of Bikurim, a social justice non profit
organization in Israel.

I?m writing you because we are having an international alternative
literature fair and
We are looking for publishers and writers from all over the world who
would like to participate.
We
thought you may know people, non profits, NGOs, alternative information
center etc. who might find this project appealing and would like to be
a part of it.

Explanations and background:

On
September 10th, we?ll host the third social-art festival, named ET
LESHINUI (time for change in Hebrew) in Jerusalem, Israel. ET LESHINUI
is based on partnerships of many non-profits and NGOs in Israel. The
organizers of the festival are mostly: Barbur and Bikurim.  We want to
create a bustling market of alternative literature.
Since 2007
the ET LESHINUI festival has been a platform to communicate creatively
about important issues of social art and social justice. This year, for
the first time we want to have an exhibition of Alternative and
independent material (fanzine style) from all over the world. There
should be a great variety: from fun comics about love to political
Fanzines against the occupation...

We welcome everything, in every
language, but especially fanzine written in English, Arabic and Hebrew
or Comics in every language possible.

We are sending this
mail to as many people and organization as possible. We hope we could
have an interesting, challenging and inspiring fair.

We want to kindly ask you, to help us distribute this e-mail to whoever
you think will find it relevant.
In this way, you can contribute to creative activism in the service of
social justice in Israel.

How to participate:

First of all let me just say that the sending process is very simple, in
most cases there is no cost at all.

All
there is to do is to send me by e-mail a file that we can print, or a
printed copy of your publication, preferably with your autograph.

We
need to get all the items by the end of august, so if you?re sending us
a printed copy, please take under consideration the time it takes
(about two weeks)

In any case, please include a short bio, or a little something about
yourself, and a massage to the world if you like.

We would be happy to send you back pictures from the event and write our
impression from this special fair.

Feel free to write me with any questions or curiosities! I?m happy to
speak with you about anything that?s on your mind.

One
last thing, we know that the people who know this ?alternative
literature world? the best, are people who write, illustrate or publish
books. So we would be grateful if you could forward this message and
invitation to other people who might be interested to present their
work.

With Peaceful blessings,

Shira Lapidot
shirlash la gmail.com