[Oberlist] UK* cfp: EASTERN EUROPE AND THE CRISIS

Wed Sep 23 22:34:36 CEST 2009

Subject: [balkans] CfP: Eastern Europe in Crisis
From:    "Beryl Nicholson" <beryl6b la yahoo.co.uk>
Date:    Wed, September 16, 2009 11:40
To:      balkans la yahoogroups.com

From: "Galbreath, Dr David" <d.galbreath la ABDN.AC.UK>

Sent on behalf of Stephen White and Valentina Feklyunina

Department of Politics
University of Glasgow

EASTERN EUROPE AND THE CRISIS

Greetings. I write to let you know that we are proposing to organise a
small conference here in May 2010 on EASTERN EUROPE AND THE CRISIS, with a
focus on the political implications of the economic changes that have
taken place since late 2008 in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus (and of course
elsewhere). We’ve chosen the dates Thurs 13 and Friday 14 May 2010, from
2pm on the Thursday to 5 or so on the Friday, followed by a dinner.
We’re inviting papers (on top of those already promised), and we expect
to be able to meet all local costs and at least to make a contribution to
travelling costs where these cannot be met from other sources. We may
include a concluding panel that will give an opportunity to those who
would like to make a contribution but not necessarily in the form of a
written paper, and you are welcome to propose your services as chair (we
don’t expect to have discussants as such). Subject to agreement and
obviously to the comments of
 reviewers, we would hope to make the papers available for consideration
as a special issue of Europe-Asia Studies (and probably as a separate
book). Not least, we hope to have fun!
Do please let us know if you would be able and willing to attend, and if
you would wish to offer a formal paper, what its title would be. We will
be in touch again at a later stage with more specific arrangements.
Best wishes,
Stephen White
Valentina Feklyunina
Department of Politics, University of Glasgow
s.white la socsci.gla.ac.uk