[Oberlist] Fwd: DAI-bulletin: December 2009

stefan rusu suhebator at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:24:01 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gabriëlle Schleijpen <G.Schleijpen la artez.nl>
Date: 2009/12/14
Subject: DAI-bulletin: December 2009
To: Gabriëlle Schleijpen <gabrielleschleijpen la upcmail.nl>

Dear friends and relations of the Dutch Art Institute (DAI),

I hereby like to inform you about our activities in December 2009 when our
ongoing projects 'Affectionately Yours' ( If I Can't Dance I Don't Want To
Be Part Of Your Revolution),'GoodTripBadTrip reloaded'(Mark
Kremer),'Platform for (Un)Solicited Research and Advice' (
Manifesta),'User's Manual: The Grand Domestic Revolution'( Binna Choi,
Casco), 'Negotiating Equity'( Renee Ridgway in collaboration with
n.e.w.s)and the 'Publications Project'(Delphine Bedel)will enter a next
phase.

This month we are delighted to welcome the following guests; Alena
Alexandrova, Tanja Baudoin, Delphine Bedel, Binna Choi, Phil Collins,
Frans-Willem Korsten, Annette Krauss, Mark Kremer, Yoeri Meessen, Wendelien
van Oldenborg, the Otolith group ( Kodwo Eshun, Anjalika Sagar), Renée
Ridgway, Stefan Rusu, Michael Uwemedimo, Barbara Visser, Margret Wibmer,
Stephen Wright, Marta Zarzycka and Curation (Beyond) Exhibitions(a master
course jointly run by Utrecht University and Bak, also in Utrecht). Read
more about their presentations and activities in the attached bulletin or on
our website (www.dutchartinstitute.nl).

If you happen to be in or around Enschede you are most welcome to attend
(one of) our evening presentations. Please contact our office manager Mrs.
Hilly Podde (h.podde la artez.nl) in advance.

Greetings and warm wishes for an inspired new year, also on behalf of the
DAI-crew,

Gabriëlle Schleijpen

Course director DAI

MFA / ArtEZ Institute of the Arts

Here as the Centre of the World
A new release from Archis Publishers

‘Here as the Centre of the World ’ documents a transnational artistic
research project that took place in six cities worldwide: Beirut, Damascus,
Diyarbakir, Enschede, Khartoum and Taipei. It reports and reflects on the
real conditions in which cultural differences were articulated in the day-to
day activities of the 75 participant artists. The book takes the project as
a departure point for further reflection by artists, writers, theorists and
cultural producers.

With contributions by
Lilet Breddels, Lucy Cotter, Tony Chakar, Pascale Feghali, Rana Hamadeh,
Ozkan Gölpinar, John Heymans, Erwin Jans, Khaled Khalifa, Bechara Malkoun,
Rania Mamoun, Susannah Mira, Kawa Nemir, Alite Thijsen, Jerlian Tsao, Emily
Williams, and Rajagopalan Radhakrishnan.

Initiated by The DAI /ArtEZ Institute of the Arts and edited by Lucy Cotter,
Gabriëlle Schleijpen and Alite Thijsen.

General distribution: Idea Books
idea la ideabooks.nl
http: // ideabooks.nl