[Oberlist] DE* call/res: culturia artist in residence project for "non-Berliners”

Wed Dec 16 09:22:47 CET 2009

An artist in residence project based in Berlin.

It supports young, creative "non-Berliners” for 3 to 6 months, helping
them to realise projects without paying any rent but only additional
expenses (such as gas, electricity, etc). Participants are involved in a
networking programme, helping them to enter Berlin's cultural and social
scenes. Partner galleries promote exhibitions and events, giving young
artists a chance to perform and to show their work.

culturia is a place of creativity, of ideas and projects. We give a home
to young and creative „Non-Berliners”. Together with them new ideas and
projects are born and realized. The international participants, who all
have a very special point of view on Berlin shape a vivid place of
culture.

culturia is based on three parts:
| We offer work- and living spaces to “Non-Berliners” for a period between
3 to 6 months to realize projects, paying no rent but only additional
expenses. The participants are involved in a networking program, easing
the step to enter the cultural and social scenes of Berlin. They are also
supported in realizing their projects.
| In our partner galleries we have exhibitions and events, giving young
artists a chance to perform and to show the results of their work.
| We make cooperations with different partners who want to give a
commitment for Berlin, show enthusiasm and want to support braveness and
risk by young persons.

culturia builds up national and international networks for creative
potential which is based in Berlin and manifests Berlin as a center for
young-professionals and their careers - with a longtermed benefit for the
participants and Berlin.

The ateliers, studios and working-rooms of culturia as well as it’s
gallery are located in the Josetti-Courts in Berlin-Mitte. Here the
participants work, come together and support each other. The flats are
provided by the HOWOGE Wohnungsbaugesellschaft in Lichtenberg.

We want your creativity!
We are looking for young and very creative people, who are between 18 and
30 years old and not based in Berlin. They have to be fluent in German or
English and have a project that they want to see realized in Berlin. As an
applicant you give a short note of interest to the culturia team. Then you
get an application sheet, in which all the needed specifications needed
can be filled in. There is no deadline of application. You may send in
your application and start your participation at any time of the year.

You can find us on following internet platforms:
www.culturia.de/
groups.to/culturia/
culturiacontactbox.wordpress.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/culturia/