[Oberlist] NL* call: Blinded Tourist

us vladimir us.vladimir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 23:55:51 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <tilmann at dds.nl>
Date: Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Subject: Fwd:Call for Artists -Blinded Tourist

Dear Collegues and friends, those of you who have not really beein in
Amsterdam before!

there is an interesting project rising up, maybe you would like to
participate!

best wishes from Tilmann

                  CALL FOR ARTISTS

   For project

   BLINDED TOURIST

   By Mariëlle Videler

   We are looking for artists

   *who have never been to Amsterdam

   *who are able to stay for the entire last week of March 2010

   *who can work with the rule that he/she cannot leave the
installation.

   FOR MORE
INFORMATION:HTTP://W139.NL/NL/TENTOONSTELLING/CALL-FOR-ARTISTS

BLINDED TOURIST

Will you be my guest?

I, Mariëlle Videler, am looking for four artists working in different
disciplines to take part in the project BLINDED TOURIST for seven
days. I need artists who have never been to Amsterdam (the
Netherlands), and who are able to stay for the entire last week of
March 2010. There is one rule: they cannot leave the installation.

During your journey, I will be your host and will do all I can for
you. I will develop a ?travel programme? with vegetarian food, images,
stories and movement. We will also be able to meet the visitors to
W139 and our installation during the venue?s opening hours of our
venue, W139. During your stay, I want you to create a work, a visual
journal; it could involve drawings, video, performance etc. The
journals will be presented during the final weekend.

Journey
I love travelling and explorers. I want to visit authentic
communities, but I travel from façade to façade: global cities. The
journeys I look for I find in books about discoveries. When I read
these books I travel into an old but unknown culture, I get close to
the citizens, their personal rituals and objects. I love journeys like
this, and meeting you there. So I came up with the idea of making a
physical place of my own that is waiting to be discovered. I?ve called
it ?BLINDED TOURIST. Gijs Frieling of the artists space W139 in
Amsterdam invited me to develop the project further. I suggested
creating an installation for my journey in the space of W139 and to
invite other artists to travel with me.

If you are curious and like to be on of the four invited artists
please send me your motivation to become part of the project BLINDED
TOURIST.

Send before 18 January 2010:

-       Motivation (max. one A4)

-       3 Photo?s of your work (size max. 72 dpi or 1024 x 768)

-       Short description of your work (max one A4)

-       Link to your website (optional)

-       How will you travel to Amsterdam NL and what will it cost?

To: info at mariellevideler.nl

More info:www.mariellevideler.nl

Love,

Mariëlle Videler