[Oberlist] DE* call: 5th art competition „moved wind” and landscape exhibition

Sat Jan 23 00:12:52 CET 2010

Hesse, Germany
perioada: 15th-29th August 2010

Bewegter wind e.V.
5th art competition „moved wind” and landscape exhibition

Competition-topic “Turbulences"
http://bewegter-wind.de/en/News-2008

The exhibition of the wind-objects at different places of
Waldeck-Frankenberg will take place in the district of Hesse, Germany.
The exhibition is accompanied by a framework-programme, which invites to
the hiking and discovering of landscape and exhibits.

„Turbulences “ is the topic of the 5th international art competition
„moved wind “. Turbulences are „meetings of unordered currents“. This is
also a metaphor for the aspects of communication of winds of the world.
They stand for fast changing situations. A dynamic turbulence is the
swirling of a current in the meteorological and in the metaphorical sense.
Turbulences are threatening and chance, upswing or crash. How can one find
expression for these invisible strengh of the wind? We look forward to
multiform ideas, which dedicate themselves to the interpretation of the
topic. Artistic answers in the form of wind objects, installations,
performances and land art in the widest sense are demanded. Variety and
transverse thinking from all sections of the art are welcome.

The organizers will search for realization also for unusual contributions
together with the artists. A jury of art historians, artists and persons
of the public life will select the exhibits. Another Jury will award the
prize winner(s).

The art price is endowed with 2,500 euros.

Deadline/ delivery of the exhibits: 19.7.2010 (with installations etc.
after arrangement) Exhibitions and events „moved wind “in North Hesse: 15.
- 29.8.2010

Basic technical conditions
· An application with up to 3 works/ artist group is possible.
· Photo or sketch (print and via email as jpg) and a description with size
and technical data and/or models to the postal address
· Description of possibly needed support or machines for installation and
dismantle of the exhibition
· Also contributions of the representing art and new media are desired as
far as they are assimilable into the Open-Air-conception
· The exhibits must be wind- and weatherproof. If we have any doubt
concerning the public safety, please understand that we must have the
formal right to reject exhibits without giving reasons, if necessary.
· The exhibits must have suitable and functional parts to hang them up
with (seams with metal holes, hooks, rings poles or stands or something
similar. If it should not be possible to hang up the object on a flag
pole, tree branch or rope construction, please definitely contact the
organisers before hand.
· The weight of the hanging exhibit must not exceed 5 kilos. If an object
is heavier and has been okayed you must supply a suitable installation for
hanging it up or displaying it.
· Large two and three dimensional exhibits are welcome. Please remind the
need of the distant effect. Please contact us for finding necessary
technical solutions of presentation in advance
· Because we would like great variety and artistic freedom the conditions
for entry have been deliberately kept very open. We will do everything
possible to find ways of presenting ‚difficult cases’.

Legal Conditions · Because the objects are being presented in the open air
no responsibility or insurance can be taken. The presenting artist bears
the risk. In the case of loss, theft or destruction the organiser is not
to be held financially responsible.
· There is no insurance cover.
· The artist has to ensure that his exhibit will not endanger the public.
He has also to ensure safety for children.
· After the end of the exhibition (from 2nd of September,2010) the objects
will be returned to the artists personally as arranged or may be sent back
at the artist’s cost. For foreign artist prepaid dispatch forms are
required.
· If exhibits have not been collected by 15th of October, 2010, they
become the property of the organisers.
· The entering artist is responsible for the manufacturing and transport
costs.
· The organiser is responsible for advertising, hanging up and presenting
the objects.
· Each artist can enter up to three objects.
· The objects must be unique and done according to the artists own
conception.

Please participate only, if you can agree with the conditions. Subsequent
exhibitions are possibly planned, as well in the countries of the
participating artists.

Participation in these additional actions will be arranged individually.
We highly appreciate the presence of the artist. At least we will try to
offer simple accommodations for free.

data limita: 19/03/10

Kontakt:
bewegter wind e.V.