[Oberlist] Fw: [UP-I] Soft Borders 2010 - Call for Participation

csdva at wowm.org csdva at wowm.org
Tue Jan 26 21:16:35 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: M a r t h a G a b r i e l
To: martha at nmd.com.br
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:54 PM
Subject: [UP-I] Soft Borders 2010 - Call for Participation

Dear Friends,
The call for participation for Soft Borders Conference & Festival is open! You can find all related information in the end of this message and also at theevent official website - www.softborders.art.br

The event will happen in São Paulo, Brazil, in October, and will gather people from about 30 countries!

Join us! Please submit your proposal, participate and forward this message to those who may be interested too.
Spread the news to your international contacts ;-)

Thanks a lot!
Warm regards,

M a r t h a
martha gabriel
Soft Borders Conference & Festival Committee
www.softborders.art.br
Sao Paulo / Brazil / 18th to 21st OCT 2010

Call for Participation
We invite proposals of papers, posters and workshops for Soft Borders - the 4th Upgrade! International Conference & Festival on New Media Art, that will take place in Sao Paulo, Brazil, from Oct 18th to 21st.

All the information about submitting proposals and the event can be also found online at the conference official website at www.softborders.art.br/eng

A brief summary only is required for the selection process. This should be submitted electronically via the online submission system, by 30/April/2010. You will be asked to create an account with the system before uploading your summary.

We require a summary proposal of 500 words maximum. The title, authors' name, affiliation and contact details including email address must be provided as well. You don't need to upload the full paper now. The selected works must upload the full paper file after the notification of acceptance.

In case of problems, please email program-chair at softborders.art.br.

Subject coverage

Soft Borders embraces a wide variety of topics, cross-displinary approaches and presentations of cutting edge technologies. Within the overall theme of soft borders, the subject areas may include but are not limited to the concepts and practice of:

  a.. Authorship
  b.. Body / Machine
  c.. Reality / Thought
  d.. Collaborative Actions
  e.. Displacements: global & local transactions
  f.. Nomadic spaces
  g.. Ways of interaction and Interfaces
  h.. Digital Narratives
  i.. Art & Code
  j.. Visualising ideas and concepts
  k.. Digital performance
  l.. Immersive environments
  m.. Web 2.0 technologies in art and culture
  n.. Sound, music, film and animation
  o.. Technologies of digitisation, 2D and 3D imaging
  p.. Virtual and augmented worlds
Case studies may be accepted, provided that they include discussions of wider principles or applications using the case study as an example.

Publication

Papers / posters / worshops are peer refereed and may be edited. Publication is in hard copy as conference preprints and also online. Full papers are up 2.000 words in length and may include images. Publication is not essential: if you do not wish to submit a paper for publication we can publish an abstract.

Acceptance and deadlines

The deadline for submitting abstract is 30 April 2010.
We aim to send notifications of acceptance of proposals by 19 July 2010.
The deadline for uploading full papers of the accepted proposals will be 19 August 2010.

Registration

There is no registration fee for the accepted speakers. However, each presenter must cover his/her costs for participating of the conference.

Sponsorship and demonstrations

There are also attractive opportunities for organisations to support an aspect of the conference such as the publication or a reception or coffee breaks, or conference materials.

Please contact sponsorship at softborders.art.br if you are interested in sponsor the event in some way.