[Oberlist] US* call/res/photo: Light Work - Community Darkrooms, Artist-in-Residence program

Fri Jan 29 02:23:37 CET 2010

Syracuse, NY

Light Work - Community Darkrooms
Artist-in-Residence Program

All artists working in photography and related media are eligible to apply
to Light Work's Artist-in-Residence program
http://www.lightwork.org/residency/resinfo.html

Each year Light Work invites 12-15 artists to participate in its residency
program, including one artist co-sponsored by Autograph ABP. Artists
selected for the residency program are invited to live in Syracuse for one
month. They receive a $4,000 stipend, a $500 digital printing credit, an
apartment to stay in, a private digital studio, a private darkroom, and
24-hour access to our facility.
Our color-managed digital imaging lab features Macintosh workstations
equipped with flatbed and film scanners. Output options include Epson
9900, 9800, and 4880 printers that can render continuous gray-scale and
color prints onto a broad variety of materials. Artists use Adobe
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Macromedia Director Studio, Flash,
Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro software
packages, iLife, and more programs. In addition, our traditional lab
facility can accommodate just about any black and white process from
alternative processes to mural printing.

Participants in the residency program are expected to use their month to
pursue their own projects: photographing in the area, printing for a
specific project or book, and so on. Artists are not obligated to teach at
our facility, though we hope that the artists are friendly and accessible
to local artists. Work produced by the Artists-in-Residence will also be
published in Light Work's publication Contact Sheet.

All artists working in photography and related media are eligible to apply
to Light Work's Artist-in-Residence program. There is no application form
or deadline. Artists should submit the following:

* letter of intent, describing plans for residency
* current resume, including exhibition record
* artist statement
* around twenty images (slides, proof prints, or disk) of your most recent
work or current project, plus any supporting material you feel would be
appropriate in evaluating your application
* postage for the return of materials, or note to discard material after
review process (international artists can include credit card information
for return postage)

If you are submitting individual image files, please size the images at
2MB or less per image. Images can be sent as Tiff or JPEG files. PDF or
Powerpoint presentations are equally acceptable and may exceed the 2MB
file size. If possible please also send a printout of thumbnails or one or
two proof prints. Please do not send books or brochures unless you are
providing adequate return postage.

While we do not want to discourage anyone from applying, we are primarily
interested in artists who are seriously involved with the medium of
photography, and who clearly understand their intentions as an artist.

Send application materials to the address below.

The application process takes an average of three to four months.
Applicants will receive a postcard or email confirming that we have
received the application.

data limita: All year round

Kontakt:
Light Work