[Oberlist] IL* call/grant/photo: The SIP Annual Funding Program

Vladimir US vladimir at oberliht.org.md
Sat Jan 22 15:16:03 CET 2011

--- On Mon, 1/17/11, Miklos Peternak <peternak at c3.hu> wrote:

From: Miklos Peternak <peternak at c3.hu>
Subject: [im] Reminder: The SIP Annual Funding Program - Call for
Research
To: "im" <intermedia-l at c3.hu>
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 9:52 PM

Dear Sir/ Maam,

The Shpilman Institute for Photography (The SIP) has announced two
calls for papers for its 2011 Grants Program. The first is devoted
specifically to research in philosophy and photography; the second is
a general call for research in the field of photography. The SIP
invites scholars and independent researchers from all over the world
to submit their applications through its website www.thesip.org, where
guidelines, themes, the application process, and submissions can be
found. Grants for individuals and group research will range from US
$5,000 up to $15,000. The Deadline is March 1, 2011.

Academic faculty at accredited institutions of higher education,
currently enrolled Ph.D. candidates, previously published independent
scholars, photographic practitioners, and research-oriented curators
are invited to apply. Grants are based on proposals for research
leading to the completion within the grant period of a written
document, whether an essay or extended research paper, showing deep
consideration and thorough, original research on the selected topic.

I will appreciate if you could help us in distributing the calls to
your students and colleagues.

About The SIP

The SIP, founded by Shalom Shpilman in 2010, is a research institute
whose mission is to initiate and support innovative scholarly work
that will advance the understanding of the varied meanings, functions,
and significance of photography and related media. Through its grant
programs,The SIP commissions and sponsors individual and group
research projects, with an emphasis on philosophical concerns,
including scholarly papers and publications in print and online,
conferences, symposia, and other events.

don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions - I will gladly
answer questions and provide additional information

Sincerely,

Hilla Ariel
Producer, The SIP

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely
unsubscribe.