[oberlist] DK* conf: Squatting Europe research collective conference in Copenhagan Dec 4-6, 2011

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Wed Nov 30 20:10:05 CET 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [transversal] Squatting Europe research collective conference
in Copenhagan Dec 4-6, 2011
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:04:32 +0100
From: Tina Steiger <tinas1987 at gmail.com>
To: Alan Moore <awm13579 at gmail.com>

Dear all,

Please note the change in location, the Copenhagen SQEK Conference will
not
be held at Folkets Hus.

The location has changed to *BOLSJEFABRIKKEN* located *LEARKEVEJ 11*, 2200
Copenhagen)

Some minor changes in the program you can find on the attachment.

Looking forward to meeting you all next week and greetings from Slovenija!

Be well,

Tina

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Alan Moore <awm13579 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi Folks,aplogies if i already sent this -- i think not, though...
> best, /awm en Madrid
>
> The Squatting Europe Collective (SQEK) 3rd Conference is set for
December

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/73552540?access_key=key-lie8o61otvxccs7t3nl]
> The Squatting Europe Collective (SQEK) 3rd Conference is set for
December
> 4-6, 2011 at Folkets Hus, Copenhagen, Stengade 50, Nørrebro. Here is the
> program so far:
> Sunday December 4, 2011 is the morning session, 10.oo – 12.oo, an
internal
> SQEK Meeting to talk business and have breakfast. Then begin the public
> sessions...
> 12.oo – 13.oo
> Lunch at Folkets Hus
> Presentations
> 13.oo – 14.oo
> Miguel :: “Squatting and the 15M movement / #spanishrevolution”
> 14.oo – 15.oo
> Femke :: “Cracking the participation creed: The squat-mosque as an
> inspiration for intercultural self-organization”
> 15.oo – 15.3o
> Break!
> Presentations
> 15.3o – 16.3o
> Armin :: “Between Intervention and Radical ‘Free Spaces’: Squatter
> Movements at the Beginning of the Neoliberal City”
> 16.3o – 17.3o
> Joost :: “Defining what is open: Squatting as the problematic practice
of
> recommodifying urban space in negotiation
> towards audiences and the self”
> 17.3o – 18.3o
> Anna :: “Evict Us and We Multiply! Protest Camps and the Politics of
> Eviction"
> Food!
> 19.oo
> Dinner1  [for SQEK participants] at K22 ::: Nørrebrogade 22.2 ::
doorbell
> [...]
> Dinner in Freetown Christiania
>
> 3 – hosts' statement
> 1st – Some spaces of autonomy in contemporary Copenhagen, written by Our
> Hosts
> "Spaces of autonomy, or as many call them free spaces are abundant
> throughout the city of Copenhagen, the most notorious being Freetown
> Christiania which was a former military site which was squatted in 1971.
> Throughout the 1980s and early 90s autonomous movements were strong,
> visible and active throughout the entire city, most notably in the
former
> working class neighborhood of Nørrebro. But since the 1992 police
shooting
> during the anti-European Union protests, the autonomous movement has
> dis-integrated for the most part (Mikkelsen, Flemming, et al. 2001).
> "With the violent demolition of the notorious Ungdomshuset (Youth House)
> at Jagtvej 69 in 2007, the commune had controlled or gotten rid of many
> vibrant spaces of autonomy throughout Nørrebro. The commune ceded a new
> house to the radical youth in Nord-Vest effectively evicting their
> activities to the periphery of the inner city. Although the new
> Ungdomshuset remains a vibrant space for radical culture, such as
> underground music, performances, workshops and discussions, it does not
> compare to the former historically laden inner-Nørrebro location, where
the
> likes of Rosa Luxembourg spoke.
> "One free space which survived the neoliberal governement of the past
> decade, is Folkets Hus (People’s House) along Folkets Park located at
> Stengade 50. This is a self-managed free space since it was squatted in
> 1971. As a meeting space for support parties, a weekly people's kitchen,
> cafe and bike workshop, it persists as an outlet and service for radical
> culture and the local neighborhood.
> "Nonethless, the demolition of Ungdomshuset 69 left a void in Nørrebro
for
> radical, alternative and underground culture. Within this context, a
> collective of politically minded artists, craftsmen and students
> appropriated (with permission from the owner) a former Candy Factory
built
> by Arne Jacobsen at Glentevej in Nørrebro. By hosting workshops,
concerts,
> exhibits and fostering the emerging pirate party/TAZ movement , the
space
> became a vibrant institution. Today, Bolsjefabrikken has relocated to
the
> site of a former plumbing factory in the same neighborhood at Lærkevej
11,
> where three buildings house various workshops, cinema, kitchen, gallery,
> and cafe.
> "The second Bolsjefabrikken is located along the railway tracks on the
> edge of the Østerbro neighborhood. These buildings are owned by the
> commune, and were ceded for self-management at a symbolic rent of 250
DKK
> per month. The space has been self-managed since the 2009 KlimaForum,
when
> it became a space for housing over 2,000 climate justice activists.
> "Within the context of contemporary spaces of autonomy, we hope that the
> discussions, experiences and insights derived during this conference
will
> help keep the movement globally connected and locally active.
> "We hope you enjoy the third Squatting in Europe Conference with us in
> Copenhagen!
> Best, Ask, Malte, Tina H, Tina S"
>
> (some) Free Spaces in Copenhagen
>
> 1. Folkets Hus (People’s House)
>  Stengade 50
>  2200 Copenhagen Nørrebro
>  info : www.folketshus.dk/
>

> 2. Bolsjefabrikken
>  Lærkevej 11
>  2400 Copenhagen Nord-Vest
>  info: www.bolsjefabrikken.com
>  contact: info at bolsjefabrikken.com
>
> 3. Bolsjefabrikken Ragnhildgade
>  Ragnhildgade 1, bygning 3
>  2100 København Østerbro
>  contact : webmaster at bolsjefabrikken.com
>
> 3. Ungdomshuset
>  Dortheavej 61
>  2400 Copenhagen Nord-Vest
>  info: http://www.ungeren.dk/
>  contact : dortheavej61 at gmail.com
>
> 4. K22 :: Kollektiv 22
>  Nørrebrogade 22.2
>  2200 Copenhagen Nørrebro
>  (black gate next to King of Kebab. Doorbell : Lett, Steiger, Voetmann)
>  contact : Tina +45 527 500 70
>
> 5. Freetown Christiania.
>  Christianshavn, Copenhagen Inner City
>  Info : Experience it, to believe it.
>
> Sent by:
> --
> Alan W. Moore
> en Madrid
>
> "Art Gangs: Protest and Counterculture in New York City" (from
Autonomedia)