[oberlist] Call for Submissions: WV Mountaineer Short Film Festival

Vlad Basarab vladbasarab at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 15:43:46 CET 2013

Call
for Submissions: The 4th Annual West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film
Festival

The West Virginia
University School of Art and Design is accepting entries to the 4th annual West
Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival. We seek independent, unique and
compelling work in film, experimental video and animation. All interested
artists, filmmakers, multimedia enthusiasts are encouraged to submit work for
consideration. Student submissions are also encouraged.
Send us your work! http://www.mountaineerfilmfest.org/
Deadline
for entries: February 25, 2013 (received)

Regular Entry Fee: $10.00
Student Entry Fee: $5.
Under 18: Free

Categories
Works will be considered for five competitive categories:
	* Documentary Short
	* Narrative Short
	* Animation/ Experimental
	* Student (College)
	* Young Filmmakers (Under 18)
	* Re-vision Theme
The
Re-vision Theme
In addition to the customary categories of Narrative, Documentary, Experimental
Video and Animation, each year we invite submissions to a special theme
category. With this year's “Re-vision” theme we invite works that explore ways
in which notions of identity in 2013 differ from the definitions, stereotypes
or associations handed down to us historically and culturally. Whether
personal, social or geographic, how are the experiences and realities of contemporary
culture that help to shape who we are at odds with the popular or historical
portrayals of we've grown accustomed to? How does the experience of your place,
your group, your class - or even your nation - contrast with external
perceptions? Is there such a thing an "authentic" representation, or
a true self? If not, how does contemporary culture fashion a new experience no
longer supported by former models and ideas? We invite works that reflect on
these and similar questions.
A Few Rules
Entries must have been made after January 1, 2010. There is a single $10 entry fee ($5 for
students; free for young filmmakers under 18) per personand a maximum of 3 entries.
All submissions must include a completed entry form. Please include English
subtitles with all non-English narrative entries. There
are no rules governing content or artistic approach. We only seek to celebrate well
crafted, compelling or conceptually challenging works in video, film and
multimedia. The only restriction for competitive entries is a 20-minute maximum
running time.

Awards
Modest awards have
been established by the festival organizers to recognize work of exceptional
accomplishment. They include a $300.00 Best of Festival award, and five $100
awards in each of the festival categories: Best Documentary Short, Best
Narrative Short, Best Animation/Experimental, Best Student, Best Young
Filmmaker, and Best Re-vision Theme.
Location/Dates
The 2013 West
Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival will be held Friday, March 15 to
Sunday March 17 in West Virginia University’s Bloch Hall Auditorium and Falbo
Theaters of the Creative Arts Center.

Jury
Each festival submission will be carefully reviewed by a screening committee of
practicing, professional artists and filmmakers.

Method of Submission
The deadline for submission is February 25, 2013. All entries must be
accompanied by a completed entry form, which can be filled-out, online or downloaded
from the festival website: http://www.mountaineerfilmfest.org
Entries
may be submitted in one of 4 ways:
·       Online: Upload your full resolution video file to Vimeo.com and make the original source video
available for download (in privacy settings). Email the URL to your video to wvmsff at gmail.com. Submit only the original file, uncompressed
by Vimeo
·       Online: Upload your full resolution
video file (.mov) using: dropbox.com. Follow uploading and sharing
instructions. Send download link in an email to wvmsff at gmail.com.
·       Mail: Standard definition DVD (NTSC,
region 1)
No menus please!!! DVD's should be set to auto play your entry. Please do not
set to loop.
·       Mail: Data DVD (.mov)
Works
mailed-in should be sent to: