[oberlist] Fw: Residenssi Latviassa, haku 15.2. mennessä

Iana Vulpe ianavulpe at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 17:55:33 CET 2013

SERDE: CALL FOR ARTISTS IN RESIDENCIES
The Residency and workshop centre SERDE was founded in small town Aizpute during 2002 as a platform for international and cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our aim is to encourage professional's creative development and long-term cooperation through participation in residency programmes.

The residencies centre is located in the historical centre of Aizpute (~180 km from capital city Riga, 30 km from Baltic sea-coast) and the building complex is unique example of wooden and red bricks architecture in Latvia built on 18th century.

We are looking for residents who are professionals in their field and can relate to inter/trans- disciplinary processes; who are able to work independently and produce their work in unusual circumstances, but are also open for cooperation with local audience and hosts.

Thematic residencies (8-10 grants available)

Residencies duration 4-8 weeks for the period between May and October, 2013

SERDE every year change the main focus of their interest and working themes and within this program our aim is to expand the boundaries and give to the artist the possibility explore and work in rural city environment. Priorities will be given to the applicants who are interested to explore the rural and local context and produce site specific work or use the city as playground. The resident will receive the grant 500 Euro per month and will be provided with accommodation and access to the studios. The production costs up to 500 Euro and international travel costs up to 200 Euro will be supported by SERDE.

Thematic residencies are supported by Latvian State Culture Capital foundation, Nordic Culture Point and Aizpute district council

Individual or group residencies (no grants available)

Residencies duration 2-8 weeks for the period between May and October, 2013

Please note that we don' t have grants for individual projects and funding must be secured by you. We suggest you to apply for the budget include travel costs, transportation, insurance, accommodation, living costs, as well as any material costs for your residency. More about the SERDE residencies facilities and costs here

Decision will be made at the beginning of March and selected applicants SERDE will provide with the invitation letter.

Deadline for applications 15th of February, 2013

More information: http://www.serde.lv/
smg.serde at gmail.com
+371 29817180