[oberlist] FW: call for ideas

Dumitru Marian d.marian at altfilm.md
Wed Jun 5 11:16:33 CEST 2013

Poate intereseaza e cineva...

  _____

From: Agata Will | Warsztaty Kultury [mailto:a.will at warsztatykultury.pl]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 11:53 AM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Subject: call for ideas

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of my friend Piotr Celinski, I am sending you the
informal call (below) for artists, media experts, theorists, cultural
managers, academics for the book, film and panel dedicated to new cultural
competences, new literacies, media cultures, cyber imagination which we will
organize during the Congress.

We are searching for materials (articles, videos, case syties, ideas,
reflections, clips) for the book and web page of the project.

Can you please send it to people who are interested in the subject,

For any information please contact Piotr  <mailto:piotr.celinski at umcs.pl>
piotr.celinski at umcs.pl

All the best
Agata Will

WARSZTATY KULTURY W LUBLINIE
ul. Grodzka 5a
20-112 Lublin
tel./ fax 081 533 08 18
e-mail: a.will at warsztatykultury.pl
www.warsztatykultury.pl

LITERACIES - book and documentary

about:

This October another edition of Eastern Partnership Culture Congress
together with art festival INTEGRATIONS-MEDIATIONS will be held in Lublin,
Poland.

Among many topics and activities we would like to consider cultural
manifestations of media technologies and discuss culture as communicational
and mediated environment. Therefore we will create platform for critical
thinking about and discussing different media imaginaries, old and new media
literacies as well as cultural and political regimes of communications. Our
questions are:

- how do we/cultures differ among each other using media and communicating?

- what are the origins, fundaments and limits of analogue and digital
literacies?

- are we facing global media imaginary and how media culture influence the
way we think?

call:

Using various types of form record/design/write/picture you ideas,
impressions and critical comments on the topic. We invite scientist form
various fields (cultural studies, sociology, art theory, media studies,
anthropology), artists (designers, media artist, visual artist, musicians,
directors), journalists and cultural activits.

forms:

For such a mash-up we expect you to deliver homemade videoclips, scientific
articles and impressions, essays, case studies, sound clips, photo
galleries. All together they will be shown to the congress and festival
guests and after the event in number of forms (as a book, video documentary,
infographics and more...) they are going to be published (open source) in
english and other laguages

workshop:

during the event international team of designers, artist and theoreticians
will work together on the "interfaces" for our ideas and commentaries:
videoclip, book and wwwersion.

deadline:

we expect you to deliver ready to use file by the 31st of August 2013.

contact:

piotr.celinski at umcs.pl