[oberlist] open call Biennial/Festival Berlin/Germany

liliana basarab lilianabasarab at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 12:06:17 CEST 2013

B_TOUR FESTIVAL

B_Tour is the first alternative guided-tours Festival- 30th of August till the 1st of September 2013.

B_Tour invites groups and individuals, to create tours that rethink storytelling, and suggest innovative, experimental approaches to the
conventional format of a guided tour. Tours should encompass engaging
ways of intervening public spaces and relate strongly to Berlin’s
social/cultural/geographical fabric. The festival is particularly
oriented to projects that challenge us to rethink our everyday
relationship to the urban environment. The festival is a
multidisciplinary arts platform where various artistic
expression/disciplines meet social activism. We look for audio tours,
video tours, tours without a guide, tours lead by animals! Anything
goes.

Tours should aim to explore the critical dimension of citizenship,
locality, mapping, high art, popular culture, gentrification, human-
technology interface, psychogeography, geographical hegemony and
politics of public space. Community involved projects, arts discipline
cross-over projects and collaborative endeavors are particularly
welcomed.

B because it's not A, it's an alternative to the hegemonic narrative
of conventional guided tours; B because it's all about personal and
communal Biographies; B because we want to Breach the Borders between
public and private spaces.

Please download the application form and artists guidelines from: b-tour.org. Send them completed and signed to: info at b-tour.org by the 12th of June 2013.

check out my latest project in Dayton, Ohio
http://lilianabasarab.com/truths

http://monuments-for-concepts.com/