[oberlist] NL* cfA: writing a 'movement perspective law'

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Sat Mar 14 05:27:15 CET 2015

Subject: [transversal] writing a 'movement perspective law'
From:    "adelita husni-bey" <adelitahusnibey at gmail.com>
Date:    Fri, March 13, 2015 11:50 am
To:      transversal at eipcp.net

Dear list members,

I am writing to announce a project that is going to start in the
Netherlands on Saturday 14 th of March and run until the 23rd of May, in
collaboration with Casco
(http://cascoprojects.org/white-paper-the-law-public-drafting-meeting
<http://cascoprojects.org/white-paper-the-law-public-drafting-meeting>).

In a couple of words: I have put together 5 committees to write a
‘law’ from the ‘movement perspective’, you can find some names of
those involved in the committees on the website above. The legislation’s
aims are:
Utilize the legislative framework as a site for debate on the relationship
between rights and use of space, problematising the notion of ‘rights’
as an acquired form of protection. Claim the necessity to shift from an
exchange- value understanding of property to a use-value conception.

Role of protecting the action of claiming space, occupation/squatting and
affirming the value of a practice-based space use.

Recognize the contribution of occupied/illegal/grey zone spaces as forming
counter-hegemonic representations that serve as essential sites of
political experimentation in 'representative democracies'.

Fallow space and the elimination of incentives for vacant properties. The
problematisation of private property as a detriment to the notion of
public good.

I attach a pdf and flyer below. The law will grow in the forthcoming years
as I will take the project to Spain and other EU countries.

I hope this project is of interest to you and if you are in the
Netherlands on these dates, please do come and attend!
best,

Adelita

Oberliht, Young Artists Association
http://oberliht.com