[oberlist] COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE / OFF Practitioners’ symposium and meetup in Budapest, 18.09.2015, 10:00-18:00

info info at oberliht.com
Thu Sep 17 07:54:17 CEST 2015

http://offbiennale.hu/communities-of-practice-off-practitioners-symposium-and-meetup/

EN
– – – – -

COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE / OFF Practitioners’ symposium and meetup

September 18, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Kesztyűgyár Community Centre (Mátyás square 15, Budapest 1084)

The symposium organized by OFF-Biennale Budapest focuses on how grassroots initiatives operating within challenging political circumstances can support or even uphold contemporary art in a certain locale and rethink its role and competence. “Communities of Practice” links international cultural practitioners who endeavour specific, alternative models of operation. The aim is to present and analyse case studies of self-organized initiatives that are especially responsive to the social and political contexts they are embedded in.

Various presentations and panel discussions will explore the dilemmas inherent in self-organization and participative operations, such as the relations of continuity and responsiveness, local focus and international approach, the issues of advocacy, representation and responsibility, the relation of artistic-curatorial collectives to institutional modes of operation or the potential clash between democratic decision-making and effectiveness.

10:00 – 10:10 am
Welcome by Tijana Stepanovic / OFF-Biennale Budapest
10.15 – 10.40 am
Storytelling through a Biennial, the Case of the Athens Biennale / Poka-Yio artist, co-director of the Athens Biennale
10.40 – 11.05 am
I like Periferic 3 / Livia Pancu, Iasi
11.05 – 11.30 am
Lost and Found in Transition: Space between Art and Politics / Romeo Kodra, Tirana Art Lab
11.30 – 11:50 am
coffee break
11.50 – 12.15 pm
CRVENA: Feminist Practices, Art and Politics Intersected / Adela Jušić, Association for Culture and Art CRVENA
12.15 – 12.40 pm
Time of Collectivity / Anna Zvyagintseva, member of Hudrada collective, Kiev
12.45 – 2.15 pm
lunch break
2.15 – 2.40 pm
The Politics of Art and Labour within the Bucharest Art Scenes / Veda Popovici, Bucharest
2.40 – 3.05 pm
Reclaiming Public Space through Artistic Practices / Vladimir Us, Oberliht Young Artists Association, Chisinau
3.05 – 3.30 pm
Constituent Spaces, New Institutions and Production / Chiara Colasurdo, Teatro Valle Occupato, Roma
3.30 – 4.00 pm
coffee break

4.00 – 5.00 pm
Continuity / panel discussion

In the face of constant political, economical and social earthquakes how can we keep up with our former activities? How can we, and to what extent do we want to respond to these changes? How does an altered political, social and economical environment influence our attitudes, agendas, policies, programmes, and our entire practice? What measures do we take, as organizations or as individuals, to continue even against the grain?
Participants: Chiara Colasurdo / Teatro Valle Occupato, Rome; Tímea Junghaus / Gallery 8, Budapest; Romeo Kodra / Tirana Art Lab, Tirana; Livia Pancu / Iaşi; Vladimir Us / Oberliht, Chişinău
Moderated by Katalin Székely / OFF-Biennale Budapest

5.00 – 6.00 pm
Collectivity / panel discussion

How does collective curating challenge the curatorial roles as we know them, and the responsibility inherent in decision making? Is it really the operational structure of a collective which secures its effectiveness or on the contrary: structures are to restrain the sometimes unconscious dynamic of a community? Democratic decision making is the ideal format for many of us, but how to shape and sustain democracy in a larger group and how to avoid project-based operation or effectiveness to fall prey to it?
Participants: Adela Jušić / Crvena, Sarajevo; Dávid Karas / FKSE, Budapest; Poka-Yio / Athen Biennale, Athens; Veda Popovici, Bucharest; Anna Zvyagintseva / Hudrada, Kiev
Moderated by Nikolett Erőss / OFF-Biennale Budapest

oberliht
info at oberliht.com
http://oberliht.com