[oberlist] EaP# support/cult: TEH - boosting non-governmental cultural centres in their startup development

ober ober at emdash.org
Wed Dec 13 05:08:28 CET 2017

BOOSTING NON-GOVERNMENTAL CULTURAL CENTRES IN THEIR
STARTUP DEVELOPMENT | CALL FOR APPLICATIONS OPEN
UNTIL 28 JANUARY 2018 | APPLY NOW!

http://teh.net/startup-support-programme/

What is the Startup Support Programme?
Trans Europe Halles has been connecting and supporting non-governmental
cultural centres for 35 years. During this time, we and our dozens of
members have gathered very valuable knowledge and expertise on how to
transform abandoned industrial buildings and areas into vibrant cultural
hubs. In the last few years we have made this expertise available through
different projects and services.

In the framework of our project Factories of Imagination (2017-2021), we
are addressing a growing demand: to support civil society initiatives in
repurposing post-industrial buildings for cultural and social uses. This
demand is exceptionally strong in certain areas of Europe, such as the
Balkans, Eastern Partnership and Southern Mediterranean countries.
Being true to our mission to strengthen the sustainable development of
non-governmental cultural centres and encourage new initiatives, we are
launching our new Startup Support Programme. The programme aims to assist
leaders of civil society organisations in their endeavour to set up
cultural centres in repurposed buildings.

What does the Startup Support Programme do?
>From 2017 to 2021, the Startup Support Programme will invest in bringing
emergent cultural centres to their next level of development through:
– Expert consultation and coaching for the centres’ leaders.
– Study visits to our most iconic and relevant member centres.
– Peer-to-peer learning activities involving other emerging centres.
– Special networking activities during our Conferences and Meetings.
– Inspirational case studies of centres in the startup phase.

In its first edition, February to August 2018, we are looking for three
emergent cultural centres from the Balkans region – focus region of this
first edition – to take part in the programme.
Eligible countries are Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia,
Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, and
Turkey.

Who can apply for the Startup Support Programme?
You can apply for this programme if:
– You are not a TEH Member or Associate yet.
– You are located in the Balkans region (see above the list of eligible
countries).– You are legally established as an organisation.
– You are repurposing a building for cultural and artistic uses.
– You have a legal agreement – or you are in negotiation – with the owner
of the building about its future use.
– Your organisation has been operating inside the building for less than
two years, or you are planning to operate in it in 2018.

What is Trans Europe Halles offering?
We are offering the following:
– A scoping visit of two international experts to your centre. The aim of
this visit is to determine the scope of the consulting collaboration with
Trans Europe Halles. After the scoping visit, a group of selected
consultants will work with you to address your main challenges. These may
include developing a strategic plan, redefining your governance model,
renovating your building, writing a viability plan, etc.
– A situation analysis and organisational diagnosis.
– Matchmaking and visit to other Trans Europe Halles centres.
– Coaching from TEH consultants until August 2018.
– Your case to be included in a publication about the programme.
– Access to a vibrant community of like-minded organisations in Europe.
– Become a TEH Associate for 2 years.

How does the selection process work?
Your application will be evaluated at the beginning of February 2018 by
the programme’s Selection Committee. It includes five international
experts selected among our member centres, our Executive Committee and the
staff of our Coordination Office. The results of the call will be
announced mid-February 2018.

What do we commit to if we are selected?
If your cultural centre is one of the three lucky ones selected for this
first edition of the programme, you commit to:
– Pay a participation fee of 300€.
– Report about your process during TEH Conference in Bilbao (24-27 May
2018) and TEH Camp Meeting in Paris (27-30 September 2018).
– Deliver a written report about the process, including visual documentation.

How can we apply?
If you wish to apply on behalf of your organisation, submit your online
application before Sunday 28 January 2018 at 23:59 Central European Time:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehlVDqYgkimaAOzUIqXwogOECAg10GaGy6gktf9RdhDfpUqA/viewform

If you have questions or need help with your application, contact our
Capacity Building Director Michel Quéré at michel at teh.net.

--
Asociatia Oberliht / Association
http://oberliht.org