[oberlist] Bucharest International Dance Film Festival // Call for entries

Ioana Diaconu ioanadiaconu23 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 19:18:46 CEST 2019

Hello,

Is it possible to announce the call for entries for your community for the
new edition of the Bucharest International Dance Film Festival, programmed
for September 4-8 2019?

Bucharest International Dance Film Festival invites film directors,
choreographers, visual artists, animators and musicians to submit their
short films and/or feature film scripts in development to the fifth edition
of the festival.

BIDFF is becoming bigger and more diverse. Besides our regular
international and national competition dedicated to *short dance films*,
this year we have opened a new competitional category for *musicals*.
Moreover, we highly encourage you to apply if you have a *movement themed
animation* or if you have a *film that is centered on the concept of
embodiment.*

The competition is dedicated only to short films and the board will take
into considerations fiction, documentary and musical films, that
either use *movement
to explore an idea*, either *speak about issues related to the body and the
world of dance*.

Starting with this edition, the events dedicated to professionals are part
of *E X P A N D*. The* E X P A N D *industry platform includes the Script
Development Lab*,* looking for creators that have scripts for feature or
medium-length films in the first phase of development.

BIDFF awards *excellence*, *novelty* and *courage* in filmmaking, with a *prize
pool of 3000 euro*.

I am attaching the full Call for entries text and visual and looking
forward to your thoughts on this.

Best

Ioana Diaconu

BIDFF