[oberlist] BALATORIUM AIR II 2023

Alapítvány PAD balatorium.residency at pad.network
Fri Oct 7 13:54:29 CEST 2022

Dear all,

I'd like to share with you the BALATORIUM artist-in-residence programme II,
a 2 weeks long research-residency for artists. It aims to raise awareness
of the ecological challenges related to Lake Balaton and its region in
Hungary. The successful artists will work in dialogue with ecological
experts, reflecting on the research findings for the benefit of the lake
and its environment.

The application deadline is *30 October 2022 (midnight)*.
You can find the detailed open call here:
https://bazis.balatorium.hu/open-call-balatorium-artist-residency-programme

The BALATORIUM project, part of the VEB2023 programme, is a complex
cultural event and an awareness-raising science communication project. Its
aim is to present the key ecological challenges, processes and key concepts
related to Lake Balaton and its region through unique cultural programmes
and additional content that are specifically reflective of the region,
widely accessible and experiential.

The second season of BALATORIUM A.I.R. will be organized in the spring of
2023, in collaboration with the Balaton Uplands National Park Directorate.
BALATORIUM A.I.R. aims to foster connections between scientists, ecologists
and creative professionals while offering a place for multidisciplinary
research.

Any artist or duo active in any artistic field or medium, without
restrictions of age, nationality, or gender, may apply. The residency
programme is focusing on site- and context-specific research. In addition
to the artist's fee, the residency programme will cover the participants'
accommodation, material costs, provide consultation and mentoring
opportunities, curatorial and production support.  The artists' works will
be presented to the public at the BALATORIUM Ecology Week 2023.

We are grateful if you're considering publishing the call on your platforms
and sharing it within your circles.

Warmest regards,
Anna Tudos and the BALATORIUM AIR team