[Oberlist] ComPeung Artist-in-Residence Program, Chiang Mai, Thailand >>>

Oberliht ober la emdash.org
Mar Dec 12 03:28:40 CET 2006

Chiang Mai, Thailand
2007

ComPeung
ComPeung Artist-in-Residence Program

For Visual Arts, Architecture, Performing Arts, Literature, Music
http://www.compeung.org/residency.html

The ComPeung Artist-in-Residence Program is designed for local and
international artists to live and work together with our team and the
local community. Interested artists are encouraged to apply by providing
ComPeung with a preliminary proposal of her/his/their art work or project.
As a work-in-progress we understand that the proposed project might change
in the process.
We don't provide fancy cocktail bars, king-size beds or cable TV. What we
do provide are the necessities of living in a rural, tropical area such as
genuine hospitality, mosquito nets, running water, electricity and fresh
produce from the local market.

By providing home-cooked meals, accommodation and studio spaces, our team
will maintain a level of comfort and renowned Thai hospitality. As
ComPeung is a modest self-sustainable non-profit organization, residents
will be asked to participate in the maintenance of the site, if necessary.
Such a practice also propagates our idea of finding inspiration in daily,
lived experience.

The minimum stay is 1 month. Longer residencies can be negotiated
depending on the proposed project and residency vacancies.

Residency Fee
20.000 THB (ca. 500 USD) per month
The residency fee covers the cost for accommodation, studio,
transportation to/from Chiang Mai International airport, local tours and
bicycle.

Expenses paid by Artist in Residence
Airfare, transportation, health insurance (strongly recommended), living
expenses, work materials and any other expenses pertaining to the artist
in residence's project.

ComPeung can assist with the research and application for grants. We hope
that in the future ComPeung will have access to grants to provide some
financial support for visiting artists.

There is no financial support available at present. There is no fixed
deadline, but please send your application 2 months in advance of your
proposed residency.

data limita: no fixed deadline

Kontakt:
ComPeung Artist-in-Residence Program
P.O. Box 27 Doi Saket Post Office
50220 Chiang Mai
Thailand
compeung la yahoo.com
http://www.compeung.org

sursa: artservis

tel: + (373 22) 735369
contact person: Vladimir Us
http://interventii.info.md/oberliht

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist