[Oberlist] PT* call: FIA - A transdisciplinary artistic investigation rooted in the Studies of the Body

Tue Aug 4 14:08:44 CEST 2009

FIA 2009/2010, Oct 12-Mar 26, Lisbon (deadline: Sep 6)

F.I.A – 2009/2010 From October 12th 2009 till March 26th 2010 A
transdisciplinary artistic investigation deeply rooted in the Studies of
the Body.

A period of 6 months dedicated to a practical daily work which promotes
the arising of essential questions brought by each individual in her/his
own investigation. This daily work includes reflexion and discussion.
Through it the proposals developed by each creator will come to form
allowing a growing understanding and a profound knowledge of the matter
under investigation.
F.I.A is organized in blocs of 3 weeks of practical work focusing on the
Body (sensation, perception, movement, relation) tangled with short term
proposals from two days to one week long.

All the work is guided by professionals from different artistic and
scientific backgrounds (dance, writing, video, sound art, philosophy,
anthropology, biology, body theory). At the same time each person is
individually coached, having regular dialogues with the tutors and
producing weekly papers that are presented to the collective for feedback.
During these six months of practical work each creator should find the
ways that better suit him in the process of sharing with others the
questions of his current investigation. The final public communication
will assume the form that each creator considers adequate as an exercise
fitted to the matter of study.

Applications till September 6th 2009.

The applications must contain name, address, email, telephone number, date
of birth, images of work, text biographies, curriculum vitae, writing in
areas of interest and investment at the moment (artistic, scientific,
social ...) , text to enter the area or areas to be developed through this
program.

And in case you want to join the last stages of artistic research -
monitoring of the individual creative journeys - which take place between
April and June 2010, you must attach a synopses of the work you may
develop.

More information & how to apply
http://www.c-e-m.org/?page_id=408

NOTE TO APPLICANTS: info received from Paula Petreca - a member of Rede
Sudamericana de Danza who says: "We´re looking forward to improve the
European influx among our students/research because the intercultural
exchange we've already established with Spain and Latin American has been
motivating us to spread our relationships."

sursa:onthemove