[Oberlist] Soundworks by and interviews with Cilia Erens at: Kopenhagen/ Den Haag/ Tokyo/ Barcelona/ Jakarta/ Rotterdam

cilia erens c.erens at upcmail.nl
Sun Nov 22 20:12:23 CET 2009

If you are a sound lover visiting The Hague, Jakarta, Rotterdam or
Barcelona, or if you are interested in receiving a free copy of the
Tokyo based art book about Artists in Residence, read on:

Until November 28, my soundwork is still ‘on show’ between the white
walls of the Heden gallery, Den Haag. www.heden.nl
It is the first time I’m exhibiting in a gallery space in the
Netherlands. Soundspace Yogya, a sound diary and documentation on the
Nyepiwalk of silence form part of the exhibition Landing Soon.
Catalogues are  € 5 plus postage and can be ordered from Heden or at
www.cilia-erens.nl

If you live in or around Copenhagen, you could have tuned in to 102,
9 fm on November 5 and/or November 12 for an hour-long interview by
Morten Koefoed interspersed with soundworks. Listeners in Copenhagen
had their blindfolds and headphones at the ready thanks to Morten’s
radio appeal. People who would like a similar experience but live
outside the station’s reception range can turn to
www.programmetforlydkunst.dk: part of both the interview and the
soundwork can be found here.

If you happen to be in Barcelona on December 10, listen to one of my
works on loudspeakers at the Zeppelin sound art festival
www.sonoscop.net

If you are in need of a few useful pointers on Artist-in- Residency
programmes all over the world, including an interview about my stay
at the Cemeti residency in Yogyakarta, then catch a plane to Tokyo in
December and get a free copy of the bi-monthly art publication
Someones Garden or visit their gorgeous website
www.someonesgarden.org

If you stay in Tokyo long enough you could fly back via Jakarta in
time to catch the exhibition Landing Soon which will be on show in
January at the Erasmushuis in Jakarta. www.mfa.nl/erasmushuis

Last but not least: should you have to undergo cataract surgery at
the Rotterdam Eye Hospital you can relax that much more easily by
listening to a soundwork in one of the operating chairs that was
designed especially for the Daycentre of the hospital. Radio 1
journaal was already there and  RTV Rijnmond  are going to do an item
about it. www.rijnmond.nl
If after all that you still fail to catch any of the events you will
be given second chance during the Rotterdam Museum Night on March 6,
2010.

Apart from a number of guest lectures at several academies, there
will be a couple of public presentations in January.

I will keep you posted.
www.cilia-erens.nl

If you want to unsubscribe this soundletter, please send an email to
cilia at cilia-erens.nl