[Oberlist] Fwd: one qestion

Lilia Dragneva dragneva at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:15:31 CEST 2011

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: maria vassileva <maria_vassileva at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM
Subject: one qestion

Dear colleagues,

I need your help. Here, in Bulgaria, we (the art professionals) are in a big
fight with the Ministry of Culture concerning our participation at the
Venice Biennial. After 4 years of silence we noticed at the web-site of the
Venice biennial that Bulgaria will participate with three artists. No
concourse, no even official announcement. The information was kept secretly
hidden to the very last moment. After we wrote an open letter to the
Minister, we received a very arrogant explanation that a big
company proposed them to sponsor the participation and they let them to
chose the artists!

Although we are used to this ignorant attitude (or probably because of that)
we are trying now to collect information about the procedures in your
countries. What institution is responsible for that, what are the rules and
regulations...

I will be very grateful if you provide me with such an information.

All the best,
Maria