[oberlist] SK* call/air/film: Cinefil =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ko=9Aice_?=(KAIR)

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Thu Aug 14 02:59:10 CEST 2014

http://www.kair.sk/open-call-cinefil/

Cinefil Košice* aka Košice film cartel and K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in
Residence are announcing an open call for a filmmaker residency. Chosen
author will during 10 weeks create a film whose theme should in a creative
way relate to the city of Košice – whatever that means. Residency starts
6.10. and ends 15.12. . The resident is not obliged to spend whole 10
weeks in Košice. Final film will be of course presented in Košice at the
end of the stay.

Filmmakers commit to create an audiovisual artwork during their stay in
Kosice in these categories:

Fiction film
Documentary film
Animated film
Dance film
In case of interest send us by email to film at kinousmev.sk:

CV
Portfolio consisting of 5 finished works (in case they are online, we only
require the links)
Short motif or a theme of the film you wish to realise in Košice
No later than 24:00 on 8.9.2014

Chosen candidate will get:

1500€
 fee
Travel reimbursement up to 200€
Accommodation
 Atelier / Studio
Technical support
Production and local support

Call open: 11.8.2014

Deadline for submissions: 8.9.2014, 24:00

Results delivered: 15.9.2014

*Long term efforts of Cinefil o.z. are focused on returning the best of
film to the city of Košice. The priority though is the re-opening of a
good (art) cinema. We have a concrete cinema in mind – Kino Úsmev at
Kasárenské námestie in Košice. In order to to get film out of the
poor-neighbor position in relation to other artistic disciplines we have
decided to prepare a new thing – filmmaker residency that will result in
an original short film. We will borrow experiences from K.A.I.R. Košice
Artist in Residence, that works with residencies and their development for
several years now. Independent film production is something that we miss
in the city and it also is something that puts stress on the fact that
(quality) production needs a space for exhibition.

--
Oberliht, Young Artists Association
http://oberliht.com